Motor home With little kids ?

AngelaDeeDee

Earning My Ears
How do you secure a 5 year old and 4 year old in car seats in a motor home ? We were thinking of renting a newer 2018 motor home to take to fort wilderness from Kentucky. They ride in car seats in our vehicles ? Just don't know about motor home ?

We mounted an anchor to the floor under the dinette bench and placed the car seat directly on the bench wood minus its cushions. That way our grandchild did not hit their legs or knees on the table. We also looked at them riding with the table in the lower position if they had to but that didn't give them access to using the table if they were old enough. As for the toddler booster seat, we buckled it in to the belts on the couch and ensured an adult sat beside him. I wasnt too sold on the riding sideways but had no other choice except backwards at the dinette.

Thanks for the advice !
Perhaps ask the rental company if they have child seat anchors or would install them for you if you do decide to go the full car seat route but I would definitely take the seats just in case. A MH is still classified as a vehicle and they may take the road laws seriously if you were stopped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter