Motion sickness

Thanks to everybody!

Got a scopolamine scrip just to have it, and I know we'll take bonine AND dramamine.

We use Seabands. I get queasy on Star Tours so a lot of the US rides would have messed with me. I rode everything at Universal and never got queasy. Simpson's ALMOST got me and I would've been done if I hadn't been wearing the bands. They're great and no medicine side effects to worry about.

We use Seabands. I get queasy on Star Tours so a lot of the US rides would have messed with me. I rode everything at Universal and never got queasy. Simpson's ALMOST got me and I would've been done if I hadn't been wearing the bands. They're great and no medicine side effects to worry about.
So you only use the bands? I’m going with my mom in May. She hasn’t been since the 90s. She’s 64 and it’s been a while since she has been on these kinda rides! Trying to help with find the best fit

So you only use the bands? I’m going with my mom in May. She hasn’t been since the 90s. She’s 64 and it’s been a while since she has been on these kinda rides! Trying to help with find the best fit

With everything they`re worth trying......you can just wear the bands on their own and for some they may work.....

I tried them and didn't make a jot of a difference to me. I first tried them on a boat crossing the English Channel years ago, but did nothing. Tried them again in Universal, but no. Not for me....

But, what works for one may not work for another.....so anything is worth a try.

Bonine I have had some success with too.

Good luck with your mother...hope it`s a wonderful trip!!!!

I take the non-drowsy Dramamine/ Meclizine and that usually suffices for me. Regular Dramamine makes me a zombie. I get motion sickness easily. FJ definitely gets me, but with the Meclizine I bounce back pretty fast, without it I'd be done for the day. I close my eyes when feeling extra queasy during the simulator scenes of the ride and fine with the animatronics. Definitely don't skip that ride.

Transformers gets me from time to time too, and no issues with Spiderman as well. Simpsons also gets me, but the Meclizine makes it manageable more times than not. I personally wouldn't skip any ride until you've ridden them once (except maybe F&F lol), but that's just me.

How is Tranformers for people with motion sickness?

I have very mild motion sickness. Star Tours makes me nauseous, FOP (without the glasses) does not. I'm also fine on all roller coasters, but can't do anything that spins me around in circles.

Transformers made me so sick, I couldn't make it to a bathroom fast enough! We also ended up leaving about 2 hours into the day because I was still so sick from it.

I wouldn't use the sea bands they did nothing for me and others I know who tried them. I use the patch and it's great.

Another option I don't see mentioned too often is Motion Ease. It's essential oils; you put a dab behind each ear. You can buy it at Walmart near the Dramamine/Bonine/SeaBands. Comes in a little bottle that's easy to put in your pocket or bag. Hope this helps someone!

I used to be able to ride everything. Then as I got older, The Hulk took me out, then Dueling Dragons, RNR and Everest. I have come to the conclusion that it's the G-forces on a ride that determines if I'll get sick or not. I can ride Mummy, BTMR, Space, FOP, Hippogriff. But not Barnstormer!! Go figure.

I am hoping I can enjoy Hagrid's! I will try at least once, even if I end up in first aid, as has happened before after the big coasters.

I wouldn't use the sea bands they did nothing for me and others I know who tried them. I use the patch and it's great.
Yeah I have no experience. I figured even if it’s a placebo effect, nothing to loose but $6. I don’t care about it, my mom is worried. I luckily do not get effected! I appreciate the comment

Back from our trip and can report that with meclizine I rode FJ, Gringots, Hulk, RRR, Transformers, Minions and Kong all with no lasting ill effects. I have migraine associated vertigo and don't handle 3D/motion simulator well. I closed my eyes for a few of the dive-y or fast speed 3D segments of rides. Hulk actually made me the most dizzy - though that may have been the day I decided to take a break from the meclizine. All those loops! LOL
I didn't ride those all on the same day or in a row. Also rode other things I didn't mention (like Mummy, Dr Doom, Jurassic Park, etc) since they wouldn't have bothered me anyway. Found Gringots much easier to stomach than FJ, and an overall better ride.

Everyone is different when it comes to motion sickness. The simpsons, jimmy fallon and minions all make me sick whether I take meclizine or not. I can do transformers and spiderman. The harry potter ride makes me sick too. I think people have pretty much recommended all of the usual remedies for motion sickness but I don't know if anyone mentioned the gum or ginger pills. I can't remember the name of the gum but it's a ginger based gum. It works for me when in the car or taking off or landing in an airplane. All of the varieties of motion sickness pills make me drowsy whether it says non-drowsy or not. I am seriously considering trying the scopolamine patch when we go in a couple weeks. Next time I go on the minions I am just going to sit in the front in the seats that don't move. I wish jimmy fallon had that option.

My top tip for FJ (Which is my favourite ride ever, ever!) is while you're holding the restraining bar above shoulder level, lean forward during the flying sequences, go with the motion thats being simulated.

If you sit back and stiffen up, it'll feel like everythings rushing towards you like you're going to crash, having said all that, if you dont like suddenly being swung at different angles and tipped backwards, give it a miss!

Oh and spiders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter