Motion Sickness Remedies?

I have done some research on motion sickness, especially from amusement park rides. Motion sickness is typically caused by movement of the inner ear. If you can trick the inner ear in believing you are not spinning, going upside down etc, then motion sickness will be less of a problem. You may still feel some sickness, but it should be a lot less.

Tricking the inner ear in thinking you are not spinning, going upside down, etc is keeping your eyes still. For example, on Mission: Space don't turn your head or move your eyes, but keep your eyes and head still. Keep your eyes on the screen in front of you. I am prone to motion sickness and this trick helped me a great deal when I rode Mission: Space.

This remedy may not work for everybody, but its worth a try.
Good luck and have a great trip!
ADP :D

Good suggestions and remedies from everyone.
Not everyone's physiology is exactly the same.
If this were the case, we would only need one blood pressure agent, one cholesterol lowering agent, one motion sickness agent, etc.

What works for some of my patients doesn't work for others.
I suggest trying some of these out at home before you go, if you have the time, and seeing what works best for you.

Good luck and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter