Mother/Son activities in Disney Springs?

ShellyKP

Mouseketeer
My husband wants to do The Void at Disney Springs. What can my son and I do together while Daddy gets his Star Wars fix? (I'm sure he'd love to spend all day at the Lego store but I'm looking for something we haven't already done multiple times.)

For added info: my son is 10 and a huge Star Wars fan so he may want to try it. But he's also autistic and gets overwhelmed easily so I'm concerned that the VR might be too much for him. I also kind of want my husband to enjoy this by himself first (and preview it for my son) so he doesn't have to worry about looking out for the kiddo while he's in there. :)

There are some really cool ice cream and candy stores that can take up a bit of time. If you need a meal,my guys loved Rainforest and T-Rex. Like yours, both of mine would spend hours at the LEGO store. There is the Hot Air balloon. Bowling? A movie?

How about letting him swim at the resort? Your husband can go to Disney springs by himself. Depending on the amenities at your resort, Port Orleans-Riverside has fishing, surrey bike rental, etc.., or mini golfing.

Is there a particular park that he likes? A few rides or shows that he would like to see again?

Could you do lunch while dad is doing his thing? T-Rex/Rainforest Cafe can either be fun or overwhelming for some kids. I also recommend seeing if there's free entertainment going on. We've watched live performers for free before just to sit and relax. I also recommend getting a caricature done if your child will sit still.

Does he like legos? There is the lego store. Rainforest and T-Rex have loud noises so he may not like that. There is the Goofy candy store where you can design your own candy. There is the movie theater and bowling alley. Or just walk around and look at things - the boathouse has boats to look at outside on the docks if he likes boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter