Most scary ride

old lady

DIS Veteran
I wanted to go on the transformers ride,but I heard it is the scariest ride there is? Is that true? It is more scary than a roller coaster?

It’s objective to each person. It would be easier to answer knowing what specifically scares you on a ride, or makes a ride un-rideable to you.

For example, for me the scariest ride is Dr Doom. I can’t do dramatic drops like that.

For me, absolutely not. I won’t do hulk or RRR, but I will do the mummy. It’s a simulator, so people that are prone to motion sickness may not like it for that reason, but I don’t consider transformers scary.

Never found any of the rides at universal really scarey, but opinions differ. All are really fun.
Transformsers is a really fun moving simulator type ride. If it gets too intense, you can always close your eye and most of the sensations of movement go away.
Personally, I found Rip Ride Rockit to be more intense than any other ride there. Loved it, but the vertical ride up and drop could be too much for some.

I agree with the previous poster that it depends on what you find scary. My son (7 yo) doesn't like scary things on screens (Gringotts and FJ are not his favorites). But he's never once been scared on a rollercoaster including RNR and EE at Disney (not tall enough yet for RRR and Hulk). He finds Spiderman scary but not Transformers. He would rank them (scariest to least scary) Spiderman, FJ, Gringotts, and then Transformers for what its worth.

Reiterating what I said previously, as well as this reminding me of something due to @PrincessWithABlaster's comment. FJ I would say (besides Dr Doom) is the only time I felt genuinely scared on a ride and once again, it had to do with my own phobia.

I wanted to mention this, as this plays on genuine fear rather than anything to do with the ride itself (ex. if simulators, roller coasters, backwards motion, drops scare/intimidate someone). I want to say after being on FJ it multiple times, it is a breeze. However, the first time due to unknowing what to expect and due to my arachnophobia I was genuinely scared during the "Aragog" scene. This is the first and only time this has occurred to me on any Universal ride. So, going back to what I said, it depends on what "scares" you.

Fast and Furious. I'm scared to death that all that water they spray in your face will knock my contact lenses out of my eye.

I find Transformers to be really fun, no scariness involved.

What I find scary are the hypercoasters. Going up a steep incline and down again at a steep angle......way scary for me.

I am not afraid of rides that spin, but they do not agree with me. Dumbo type rides are out.

I am super clausterphobic, so I might like Mission Space, I can not handle tight spaces.

No Transformers isn’t scary.

Maybe a child (like a pp said) that thinks the screen story is too intense.
Or if you are prone to motion sickness you might categorize it as “scary” ;) but that would refer to the motion not the content of the story.

If you have a phobia of something included in the ride, like on FJ with the spiders mentioned above, that’s different.

If you are worried about something specific, I believe you could find a YouTube video of the ride to check it out before hand.

For me, The Simpsons! The reviews made it seem the worst for motion sickness, and after riding it I agree. I did it once, then sat on a bench outside while my kids did it a few more times. I’m glad I did it, but never again. I love coasters, and I’ll ride them all day, but certain sim rides just get to me.

Who has said that transformers is the scariest? And why? Close your eyes and much of the motion goes away. Look around and it’s easy to see your on a ride.

Same for Simpsons; look around and you can see you’re in a big movie theater like Soarin’. Close your eyes and almost all motion is gone.

For me the pteranodon ride is the scariest. It’s so slow and gives me lots of time to imagine the ride failing and us falling to our deaths. Doom is next; my imagination sees the failure happening at the top of the ride and us arcing out and up and then finally starting to fall.

RRR terrified me on my first time, and I had to calm myself after the fact by googling how the ride keeps you in place. Now that I know, I really love RRR.

Who has said that transformers is the scariest? And why? Close your eyes and much of the motion goes away. Look around and it’s easy to see your on a ride.

Same for Simpsons; look around and you can see you’re in a big movie theater like Soarin’. Close your eyes and almost all motion is gone.

For me the pteranodon ride is the scariest. It’s so slow and gives me lots of time to imagine the ride failing and us falling to our deaths. Doom is next; my imagination sees the failure happening at the top of the ride and us arcing out and up and then finally starting to fall.

RRR terrified me on my first time, and I had to calm myself after the fact by googling how the ride keeps you in place. Now that I know, I really love RRR.

Which goes to show that what’s scariest varies significantly person to person. 😃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!