Most romantic resorts

EDTaylor1222

Earning My Ears
Hi! My husband and I will be travelling to WDW this fall for our anniversary. This will be our first trip there with no family or friends, and I would like to make it as romantic/special as possible. This is only my second Disney trip, so I am still quite new to planning, though I have done a ton of research. My first trip last year was amazing and I had so much fun. I was hooked immediately, ha! Since last year was a family trip (10 of us), I am so excited to get to take our time and explore at our own pace! Any and all suggestions are appreciated! Thanks so much for your all's time!

Liz

Ooo I love this question. Are limited by budget at all? The most romantic that come to mind are deluxe resorts-
The Grand Floridian: Elegant, refined, very romantic dining options nearby
Wilderness Lodge: Cozy and rustic, can cuddle up by the fireplaces
Boardwalk: Take an evening stroll hand in hand down the boardwalk when all the lights are on and things are slowing down. Pop into Epcot for some drinks.

I haven't stayed at Riviera but by all accounts it's elegant, as well, and Toppolino Terrace sounds like a fantastic date night dinner.

For a moderate I think Port Orleans - either Riverside or French Quarter - would be romantic, as well. None of the values really stand out as particularly romantic to me.

We are treating this as our honeymoon...9 years later 🤣 So we are being a little bit liberal with budget...not Victoria and Albert's liberal 😅 but we are planning to splurge a bit. We currently have a 1br villa booked at Old Key West, but I wasn't sure if it was a very romantic setting. We stayed at POR-Riverside last year and I really did like the small, somewhat intimate feel of the resort. If we were looking at moderates, that's where we would be for sure 😊

It really depends on what kind of couple you are. Romantic for us is eating good food, getting tipsy and wandering around the parks and riding rides. Old Key West was my family's home resort (DVC) growing up, so I have fond memories. The rooms are HUGE compared to a lot of the other Deluxe Resorts and the property is spacious. It's close to Disney Springs and Epcot, so if you're like us, it's a great resort for a romantic getaway. Lots of entertainment at DS, good food and booze at Epcot, and plenty of space back at the room.

We do love staying at the Poly as well for the convenience of the monorail and proximity to other resorts and parks.

It really depends on what kind of couple you are. Romantic for us is eating good food, getting tipsy and wandering around the parks and riding rides. Old Key West was my family's home resort (DVC) growing up, so I have fond memories. The rooms are HUGE compared to a lot of the other Deluxe Resorts and the property is spacious. It's close to Disney Springs and Epcot, so if you're like us, it's a great resort for a romantic getaway. Lots of entertainment at DS, good food and booze at Epcot, and plenty of space back at the room.

We do love staying at the Poly as well for the convenience of the monorail and proximity to other resorts and parks.
^^This is us, to a T 🤣 Epcot is one of our favorite parks as we are definitely food lovers. We actually splurged for the deluxe dining plan so we can eat and drink ourselves silly this trip, ha! OKW's proximity to Epcot and HS was a huge bonus to me and, when I booked I was told how spacious the villas are compared to some others so that was a plus, too! I may just keep us where we are, but you all have definitely given me plenty of options to check out!

We have never stayed there before but for our Honeymoon in 2021, we are leaning towards POR for the romantic aspect (if we cannot afford a deluxe). We usually stay value but want at least a step up to a moderate for the special occasion.

For me, the MK area is the most romantic because I just love being near the MK for the fireworks, dining options, seeing the castle everyday etc. I think a CR Theme park view, GF, or Poly would all be very romantic! We chose the GF for our anniversary trip coming up.

Much of this question depends on what part of WDW you favor. For my wife and I we found the Epcot resort area to be right for us. Being able to wander over to Epcot in the evening is quite special. We made many visits to the Boardwalk Inn with one splurge for a 1 BR villa on the DVC side. We found the theming and vibe of the Boardwalk to be just right for us.

Hi! My husband and I will be travelling to WDW this fall for our anniversary. This will be our first trip there with no family or friends, and I would like to make it as romantic/special as possible. This is only my second Disney trip, so I am still quite new to planning, though I have done a ton of research. My first trip last year was amazing and I had so much fun. I was hooked immediately, ha! Since last year was a family trip (10 of us), I am so excited to get to take our time and explore at our own pace! Any and all suggestions are appreciated! Thanks so much for your all's time!

Liz
Here's My List in order...
  1. Grand Floridian
  2. Poly (but you have to be in the mood for the kitsch)
  3. Yacht/Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn (3-way tie)
  4. Other Deluxe Resorts
  5. POR
  6. POFQ

We honeymooned at Animal Kingdom Lodge at Jambo House and we fell in love with it! The resort is beautiful, has lots of foliage and of course the animals. They also typically offer some really good rates for the Deluxe resorts.

That is a tough one since everyone is different. Some might feel the elegance of the GF is "romantic". Others would love Fort Wilderness and camping. What do YOU think is romantic? My hubby and I have been very happily married for 24 years and romance for us is probably much different then for you. We would love the Contemporary because that is the first resort we stayed in together. Have a great trip.

We are a couple with no kids, and we stayed at Yacht Club in July and absolutely loved it. I think it's a fantastic resort for a couples trip. It's quiet, beautiful, and serene. But you really cannot go wrong with Beach Club (which shares amenities with YC anyway) or Boardwalk either. We completely loved the Boardwalk area in general. You can walk to Epcot and HS and there's fantastic dining and entertainment in the Epcot resort area, and it's just beautiful there. Look into Jellyrolls, the dueling piano bar - that was really fun! Our favorite restaurant on Disney property is now Yachtsman Steakhouse inside Yacht Club. The easy access to World Showcase is what really sold us in the first place, and it was definitely worth it! We also loved taking the Friendship Boats between Epcot and HS.

As other posters have mentioned previously, it really depends on what type of couple you are. For us, these would be our top choices:

1) Animal Kingdom Lodge - Savannah View. We're animal lovers, and we love how quiet this resort is. We like to have lunch or dinner at Sanaa and then go have drinks at Victoria Falls Lounge (they'll add a splash of Malibu to the Coconut Elixir - it's delicious!). One of our favorite chill activities is just hanging out on the balcony and watching the animals.

2) Grand Floridian - Deluxe Garden View Room. It has a separate seating area with a couch and lounge chair, and the beds are the most comfortable I've slept on at WDW. I loved the dining options, the sounds of piano player and orchestra in the lobby, and a special treat was a massage at Senses. The pool is nice, too, and it's always nice to be on the monorail loop.

3) Port Orleans Riverside - Magnolia Bend (either Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House). Nice, quiet resort with good dining options. Conveniently located to the parks. And you can take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the resort - very romantic.

Grand Floridian from our vantage point. We love the entire resort; sitting in the lobby and soaking up the ambiance after a day out and about or enjoying an adult beverage on the outdoor patio at Enchanted Rose is excellent (even though Mizner's was better). As previously posted being on the monorail loop is a major deal for us and my wife loves time at Senses.

We are a couple with no kids, and we stayed at Yacht Club in July and absolutely loved it. I think it's a fantastic resort for a couples trip. It's quiet, beautiful, and serene. But you really cannot go wrong with Beach Club (which shares amenities with YC anyway) or Boardwalk either. We completely loved the Boardwalk area in general. You can walk to Epcot and HS and there's fantastic dining and entertainment in the Epcot resort area, and it's just beautiful there. Look into Jellyrolls, the dueling piano bar - that was really fun! Our favorite restaurant on Disney property is now Yachtsman Steakhouse inside Yacht Club. The easy access to World Showcase is what really sold us in the first place, and it was definitely worth it! We also loved taking the Friendship Boats between Epcot and HS.

We TOTALLY second EVERYTHING disneycat321 said about the Yacht / Beach Clubs!!! Have a Magical Trip!!!

My hubs and I are going sans kids this fall, too! For Food and Wine...staying at Riviera, fancy date night dinner at Topolino’s planned...hope you have the best time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter