Most Magical and Least Magical Moment at Disney Resort / Park.

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
Most Magical for me was at Animal Kingdom Park. Expedition Everest store.
We rode Expedition Everest about 3 or 4 times in a row. When you exit you have to walk through the gift shop. Each time we exited my son kept asking if he could get a Yeti Plush. Kept telling him maybe later when we leave the park. About the 3rd or 4th time through the ride a Cast Member approached my son and told and gave him the Yeti plush and said "Here Mickey wanted you to have this" Fantastic Experience.

Least Magical Experience was at Animal Kingdom Lodge. With a close second at Trader Sams outdoor patio at the Polynesian. AKL paid for an Arusha Savannah view room and was given a room at the very end of hallway overlooking a fence with literally 5 feet between the fence and the road. Literally there was ZERO chance any animal was EVER going to go there except maybe a squirrel. Luckily a Supervisor fixed the issue but not without a lot of walking. Kind of ruined the experience.

2nd place. Polynesian (Trader Sams Outdoor Patio). Had one of the slowest, rudest watresses in all of Disney here. Now dont get me wrong I still enjoy going there but that CM was horrible. 45 minutes to get a drink. Food never came out. And this after telling CM we were just taking a quick break before going back to Magic Kingdom. A quick trip took about 2 hours. Ughh. And it was slow as well only a few people there thats what didnt make any sense.

We've had so many magical moments. Our least magical moments both happened on our last trip. I had to call the sheriff's department at 5:30 am because there was a domestic violence incident in the room next to ours (cursing, threats, furniture being knocked around) . . . On the same trip, a large group of adults busted through the FP+ line at SDD and one of them started smoking in the line. One in the group then threatened to hit me with his scooter when I refused to move into the SDD loading zone prior to the CM asking me to (when he busted through the line, he ended up in a line away from his group and wanted to cut the line to join them). He then started berating me. When we got off SDD, a CM approached, said security had been called, apologized for what had happened and (magical moment) put us immediately back on SDD.

Probably the best magical moment was when my kids were watching the Captain on the Liberty Belle, and he allowed them to "steer" and "dock" it. Being a bit skeptical, they asked a CM at Cinderella's castle if there was a track or something under the boat, and she of course said "No way!":)

They are young adults now and still believe it, or at least won't put out any effort to find out if they really steered the boat or not.....

The least magical moment was when I saw a young teen break down in tears and exhaustion, with a parent berating her about all the time & money they'd spent to get there... I understand the pressure to have the "perfect" vacation (mostly self-imposed by us adults)... but the point is to have fun, and she definitely wan't having any. :sad1:

Probably the best magical moment was when my kids were watching the Captain on the Liberty Belle, and he allowed them to "steer" and "dock" it. Being a bit skeptical, they asked a CM at Cinderella's castle if there was a track or something under the boat, and she of course said "No way!":)

They are young adults now and still believe it, or at least won't put out any effort to find out if they really steered the boat or not.....

The least magical moment was when I saw a young teen break down in tears and exhaustion, with a parent berating her about all the time & money they'd spent to get there... I understand the pressure to have the "perfect" vacation (mostly self-imposed by us adults)... but the point is to have fun, and she definitely wan't having any. :sad1:

Don't take him while the river is drained!! You can clearly see the track!

Don't take him while the river is drained!! You can clearly see the track!
Nooooo! We'll have to find out when Disney plans to do that- it better not be in May!

Another magical moment was when the youngest turned four on the day we visited the MK and we put his name and the fact it was his birthday on the back of his shirt. That was priceless! He thought the entire park was celebrating his birthday with him- guests included!

During the MVMCP parade in 2013, Santa pointed at my 8 year old and said "I know you've been good all year." The look on her face was priceless. I loved it. :santa:

This is probably going to sound like an odd magical moment - because it started off scaring the Bejezzus out of me - BUT it’s one of my favourite Disney memories. When I was about 7, we took one of our regular trips to Disneyland. In our wandering we came across a very still, very tall jafar figure. I was in an Aladdin obsession and was very excited to get a picture with the statue (which my parents insisted was a statue) so I hurried over and stood beside it... and then it put its hand on my shoulder :scared1: I jumped out of my skin and ran back to my parents so fast! He crooked his finger at me until I eventually came back and was brave enough to have a meet Lol and as I was walking away a CM hurried up to my and gave me this little toy magic lamp and whispered to me that Jafar wanted me to hold onto this for him until he was ready for it. I spent ages finding a safe place for it when I got home! :rotfl2:I actually still have that silly little magic lamp

Also, so no one thinks I’m completely gullible, he didn’t look like a human!

DEEE6B89-B4F5-47DD-BAC5-7AA4C505F3FF.jpeg

My worst... i haven’t really had anything happen directly to me. I did see a bus driver CM lose his mind on a guest he said was standing too close to the curb, it was shocking. There was all sorts of unpleasantness going on and cursing - right in front of all star music. He just got off the bus and started laying into this shocked guest with all of us standing there.

This is probably going to sound like an odd magical moment - because it started off scaring the Bejezzus out of me - BUT it’s one of my favourite Disney memories. When I was about 7, we took one of our regular trips to Disneyland. In our wandering we came across a very still, very tall jafar figure. I was in an Aladdin obsession and was very excited to get a picture with the statue (which my parents insisted was a statue) so I hurried over and stood beside it... and then it put its hand on my shoulder :scared1: I jumped out of my skin and ran back to my parents so fast! He crooked his finger at me until I eventually came back and was brave enough to have a meet Lol and as I was walking away a CM hurried up to my and gave me this little toy magic lamp and whispered to me that Jafar wanted me to hold onto this for him until he was ready for it. I spent ages finding a safe place for it when I got home! :rotfl2:I actually still have that silly little magic lamp

Also, so no one thinks I’m completely gullible, he didn’t look like a human!

My worst... i haven’t really had anything happen directly to me. I did see a bus driver CM lose his mind on a guest he said was standing too close to the curb, it was shocking. There was all sorts of unpleasantness going on and cursing - right in front of all star music. He just got off the bus and started laying into this shocked guest with all of us standing there.

Oh, wow! I would be completely fooled by that Jafar performer, too. But what a great memory! My kids still have tiny "jewels" they found tucked here and there in that area.

In the bus driver's defense, they have to deal with guest safety all day long and I think the stress wears on them. I once had a bus driver (not at WDW) warn some unruly passengers to sit down, repetitively. They wouldn't, and kept standing up to chat with their friends behind them. He finally pulled over and got out, much to our shock & went to sit down on a stone fence. The tour guide came out and spoke with him, and he said he simply could not safely transport people who remained in the aisle. No doubt the bus driver at WDW could have handled it better, but he's probably seen or heard of someone getting whacked by a bus door or mirror, or even hit by a bus, in the past.

Nooooo! We'll have to find out when Disney plans to do that- it better not be in May!

Another magical moment was when the youngest turned four on the day we visited the MK and we put his name and the fact it was his birthday on the back of his shirt. That was priceless! He thought the entire park was celebrating his birthday with him- guests included!

They've been working on it. Should be done I'd think.

My most magical moment was when I was with my Fiance (boyfriend at the time) visiting Hollywood Studios. We were celebrating our one year today so had anniversary buttons on. As we were walking through the park heading to our fast pass for Tower of Terror. As we were walking a group of employees dressed like Tower of Terror bellhops started walking with us and talking sort of to us, but being really funny and in character. I was confused and asked them what they were doing. They said going to the hotel with us. So we walked. I mentioned we had a fast pass and we scanned in and walked to the front and then they told us they had a letter waiting for us in the lobby. We got to go in the roped off section in the hotel lobby and they handed us this letter
upload_2018-10-10_10-19-4.png

They then took us into the room with the video by ourselves and then through a short cut to the elevator and we got to have a ride all to ourselves! Was the coolest thing that has ever happened to me and I'll never forget it.

Can't think of a least magical moment

In our three trips, I have two magical moments and one not so magical.

Magic #1 - We were heading from our room at CSR to the bus stop and saw the bus we wanted across the parking lot at the stop. The driver must have seen us point or try to hustle to get the because he waited for at least a couple of minutes longer than I had seen a bus wait before. We were very grateful!

Magic #2 - We were at a Tusker House late breakfast and Goofy came to meet us. We were about finished eating and had our map out to plot or next thing for the day. Goofy pointed to the map and motioned for a pen. He circled three things we should do - Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, and one other...I forget which. These were certainly on our list (I had been lurking here so I was pretty well informed). This would have been February 2010 I think so there was no Avatar at the time.

I know those weren't as super-magical as some of yours but we're easily amused. :teeth:

Our not so magical moment was completely self-induced... We were on our way out of MK with DD4 at the time. She was in one of those Disney strollers. We were moving around in the crowd on Main Street and I must have hit the trolley track at a bad angle. DD was sort of catapulted forward onto the street. She didn't go a long way...just fell out of the stroller but she was 4 and tired so...yeah, least magical moment for us caused by yours truly. :moped:

So many magical moments. Some big ans some small.

On our honeymoon in 2015 we did the KTTK tour with plans to hit the Halloween party that night. We asked tour guide if we would look silly as adults dressed up in our costumes. He assured us we would not and Asked us what we were dressing as. We were going to be Mouseketeers. He told us when we came back that night to come to City Hall and find him so he could see our costumes. We figured he was just being polite. Besides, we have reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern right before the party. So we went to our reservation and didn't think much of it. About halfway through dinner 2 cm from the tour came bustling through the dining room with the hostess. He had remembered we mentioned having the reservation before the party and really wanted to find us to see our costumes LOL. And apparently he wanted us to celebrate our honeymoon by letting us be the grand Marshals in the Halloween parade... back when they used to do that sort of thing. It was so awesome getting to ride in the front car in front of the whole parade waving to the crowd having people take pictures of us. There was even a DIS'er there who got a picture of us and when I had mentioned it in a thread months later emailed me a copy of photo!

My most magical moment was at Disneyland but I'll share it here anyway :)
DD was about 4 at the time and had done BBB. The next day we were walking around Downtown Disney and she was, of course, still wearing her little princess tiara from BBB the day before. At one point she realized she had lost her tiara! We retraced our steps for at least an hour but couldn't find it. We went to Lost and Found but nothing had been turned in. I asked the CM working if there was any way one of them could sneak back to BBB and get us a new tiara, but they said they couldn't (boo :( ) BUT then she said "Go to the front gate and ask for Michelle." So we did. Michelle let my whole family of 4 BACK INTO DISNEYLAND even though our park hoppers were all used up. My DH didn't want to take advantage, so he and my son sat right there at the entrance while DD and I ran back to BBB for a new tiara, which they happily gave us.

And to top it all off, about a week later we got another tiara in the mail from the Fairy Godmother! (We had given our name and address at lost and found, and I guess they passed in on to Fairy Godmother for us) Will never forget it!!

Most magical- either of the times we've been upgraded. The first, last year, was from a Garden Wing room at the CR to a 1-bedroom, theme park view room in the Tower (14th floor) Club! The other was last month, upgraded from a standard view outer building room at the GF to the SugarLoaf club level! There are many others, but those two stand out as the most magical to me.

Least magical was in July when, upon entering the Hawaii (club level) building at the Polynesian, where we were staying, we were "greeted" by an exceptionally rude "door guard" (as my DD referred to him) who essentially told us we did not have access to that building and would have to leave. I explained that we were staying there, and our MagicBands had for some unknown reason decided to malfunction (not letting us into the building the way they should have) and asked if he could do something from preventing it from locking us out again. He said he would but instead proceeded to tell us we had to sit at a desk (my DD was exhausted and feeling sick), where he instructed another CM to gather all of our information. My DD asked if she could just go up to our room but was told we had to remain there. We felt like criminals. Finally the door guard was able to determine we were eligible to be in that building and told us we could go. No fix to our MagicBands, no apology. I wonder if the emails I sent off about that incident could have played a role in the upgrade we received last month (it was our first trip since the door guard incident). In any case, I will never stay club level at the Polynesian again. Even if I were offered it as a complimentary upgrade from the Pop Century, I will not stay in the Hawaii building ever again.

Most magical.....
I was graced with pixie dust (a lot) and was able to take my wife to Club 33 for our 20th anniversary. It was a surprise several months in the making and I had to keep it compartmentalized. I told her we had reservations at the Blue Bayou and at the appointed time walked up to the Blue Bayou desk and explained to the CM that I needed some help playing off that our reservation was canceled. The ruse worked and I acted very upset about the situation and told my wife I wanted to talk to someone about ruining our day.....and proceeded to press the button on the call box for Club 33. At that point she was yelling at me that we were going to get kicked out of the park. When the door was opened and I stated 'our last name party of 2' I thought my wife was going to pass out. Epic day.

Least magical......
DD2 had a stomach bug that cut supper at Goofy's Kitchen short. We still need to go back for a make up trip.

Can only think of a super Magical event with my granddaughter last September at Sugar Loaf Club Level at GF:
She was 8 years old and lost her tooth on the first day we were there. I had no convenient vessel in which to place the tooth for safe keeping so I told her to go to the concierge located right outside our room to ask for an envelope. She returned to the room and said the concierge told her that he would 'come up with something' Most un-Disney like but ....
We went to MK and returned at 2 pm for a break. There on the bureau was a beautiful Tinkerbell doll, lovely fairy Mickey ears and a tiny trinket box in the shape of a tooth. There was a lovely note that read:
"Losing a tooth is ALWAYS special but losing a tooth at Disney World is ESPECIALLY magical" This was signed by the DISNEY WORLD FAIRY. My very sophisticated granddaughter thought that I had arranged the surprise but also knew I was with her every minute when we were at MK. So... could it have been the tooth fairy??? She still is not quite certain. What a wonderful stay it was!!
Heading back to "the World " 2/19 stating at the BWI club level. I can only hope for the same caliber of CMs and the same wonderful experience ( and I do hear that BWI CL is fabulous)

Most magical moment was on our first day of our 7 day trip. We had a FastPass to see Anna & Elsa (back when they were still in fairy tale hall) and the FastPass didn't work and we got turned away. We talked with the girl at the front desk of our resort and she made a phone call. She gave us 3 special FastPasses per day for the length of our trip to use on any attraction in addition to the 3 we already had!

Least magical moment was on our last day of our trip last year. We had an 8:00 pm flight so we had to be waiting for DME by 5. Our last FastPass was for 7DMT for between 3-4. It was the only ride we hadn't done yet and we thought that we'd end our trip on that high note. Then a bad thunderstorm came through and 7DMT closed. We waited until 4:00 and it still hadn't opened. We were all disappointed walking out the front gate. And with that, our trip was over :(

I have two: one, when my then five year old got to pull the sword in the stone out...we went right from there to the Anna/Elsa meet that was nearby at the time and she loudly proclaimed she was the Hero of Fantasyland (sidenote: she’s nine now and just asked me the other day whether she had gotten a world record for being the first person to pull the sword out.) - all the cast members bowed and announced that “The Hero of Fantasyland” had arrived.

Two, when the same kid, on the same trip, barfed after an ill-advised Tower of a Terror ride...we stopped two cast members clearly on break because we just didn’t know what to do - the rented stroller was covered in sick, as well as my kid. We bought her a loose nightgown to wear, and the CMs called a groundskeeper to help us, and we got everything sorted (they have stuff inside the garbage cans for just that situation) and then we headed out of the park to rest up and see how she felt later. The whole Process took about 25-30m, and as we were leaving, we heard “excuse me! Excuse me!” And those two lovely cast members we originally stopped had gone and gotten a voucher so my daughter could get one of those ridiculously expensive balloons to make her feel better. It was partly how sweet the thought was and partly how they were so invested as to chase us down to give it to us!

Most magical was seeing my nephew interact with all of the characters at Chef Mickey’s on his 2nd birthday. Other great moments were playing with him in the boneyard playground in Animal Kingdom. So crazy to be playing with my favorite little guy in the exact same playground I loved as a little one!

Had some great times with my little brother, as well. The Happily Ever After dessert party was amazing! That view was spectacular. Just MNSSHP in general. That’s a tradition for us.

Not so magical... probably when I accidentally pulled off my bumper cover in the CBR parking lot on my last trip. My luck! It’s all been repaired thankfully.

Most magical- last year staying at POFQ for our “delayed honeymoon” we came back to our room with a surprise- Mickey and Minnie plushes and congratulations balloons. It really made our stay even more magical. We can’t wait return in 30ish days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!