Most Loved Cast Member retiring from Trails End

Cousin Ed C

Mouseketeer
On November 15, Miss Josie (Josephine Hillard) will retire. She is the J in P&J's Southern Take Out. Josie is the longest serving Fort Wilderness cast member. Ken has more Disney time but not Fort time. Josie has carried more babies around the Trails End than a "Baby Nurse"

If you're at the Fort, stop in and congratulate her!!! Tell her Happy Trails

Aww, crud, we arrive on the 30th.

She has been talking about retiring for a while. I am going to miss her.

Cousin Ed C,

Would you happen to know the number of years for Josephine at the Fort? I'm just curious how high it has to be to earn that title.

She's one of the legends that will be missed.

Thanks for letting us know.

Bama Ed

I may not have been paying attention, but if this was out there, I missed it.

Saw this on a Fb Fort group. I'm glad I had a chance to talk to her (more like listen to her) in September.

Josephine.PNG

j

I finally found my most recent picture of Miss Josephine.

It was a cold morning in March 218. She was pleasant (and talkative) as always.

We wish here well (and will miss her).

Bama Ed

I finally found my most recent picture of Miss Josephine.

It was a cold morning in March 218. She was pleasant (and talkative) as always.

We wish here well (and will miss her).

Bama Ed

Thanks for posting her picture! Have been going to the fort for 28 years now (the first time for my daughters 1st birthday) We would love to listen to her stories through the years. I am so glad we got to see her before she retired. My daughter is 29 now and loved seeing her again and chatting with us outside and at our table. She will be missed!

Yay! We will be staying at the Fort the first week in November. So glad we get to visit with Josie one more time! She is such a sweet and fun person!

Here is a pic from September. This is right before it was announced she was retiring. If I had known, I would have taken a lot more. We were waiting for TE to open and she was out talking for a good 20 minutes. Lots of stories about how kids used to be at the Fort and TE.

20180908_072044-1008x567-jpg.349278

j

Cousin Ed C,

Would you happen to know the number of years for Josephine at the Fort? I'm just curious how high it has to be to earn that title.

She's one of the legends that will be missed.

Thanks for letting us know.

Bama Ed

Missed this earlier. Her first day was July 1979, so as Cousin Ed said 39+

Last edited:
Awe she will be missed! Always came around and talked to my boys and I even remember her from camping there as a child!

We sat on the porch and chatted with her for about 30 minutes. She was retiring in a few weeks when this picture was taken...
She was a HOOT.. will miss her.
Miss Josie.jpg

Will be back to the Fort on March 15............ Can't Wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!