Most laid-back/relaxing DVC resort? Updated with poll!

What do you consider to be the most laid-back/relaxing DVC Resort?

• AKV

• BCV

• BLT

• BWV

• HHI

• OKW

• SSR

• VB

• VWL

Results are only viewable after voting.
OKW wins hands down for us on this one with AKV-Kidani a close second. We find AKV-Jambo to be a little less relaxing though. I think it's because of all the activity in the lobby area.

With the beach Resorts as choices, one of them has to be an inevitable winner in this poll, in my opinion, and I chose Vero Beach out of my perception of it being a bit more low-key than Hilton Head (never been to the latter).

Limit the poll to wow resorts and I'll give the edge to OKW.

But I think it interesting that a pp disqualified certain properties attached to hotels on the basis of having to make a trip to the hotel side for certain amenities. While this is largely (but not universally) true I think most would agree that at WL, even the boat dock is more convenient to VWL than anything around the Hospitality House is to South Point.

Part of the reason why Old Key West is the most relaxing DVC resort at WDW is that isn't close to a theme park or Downtown Disney and doesn't have a main attraction like animals at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's a rather long, relaxed boat ride to Downtown Disney. What sets this DVC resort apart from the rest is that the rooms are larger than all the other DVC resorts and they are not rectangular rooms like all the other resorts.

I chose SSR because of the beautiful grounds to walk around. Also, golfing is very relaxing to me and SSR has a golf course right there and since shopping is relaxing to DW and downtown Disney is right there, SSR is the perfect resort for us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter