Most fun, non-park, dinner or lunch for a group of 10 year old girls?

michellej47

Mouseketeer
I'm coming with a dance group in February and want to something super fun for a group of 10-year-old girls on our last night/day there. I was thinking Whispering Canyon Cafe, but with all of the mixed reviews about the "fun" part of it, I'm wondering if we should do something different. Any other suggestions?

Rainforest Café at Disney Springs. Food is good. The atmosphere is great with the animals, the rains storm that happens every so often. Fish tanks in several areas. They have slushes in fun flavors.

Hoop De Doo is fun, every one should at least do it once. Raglan was and is still a favorite with our group, when they were young and now adults. They enjoyed the food, the music, and the dancing, not to mention the Downbrody's Chocolate Kiss dessert. Lunching at Sanaa and scoring a view of the animals, always a hit!

Hoop de Doo Revue might be great, but I'm not sure how you (or the other parents) feel about a evening meal that could run $35 to $60 per person. If that price range works go for it. The buffets might be another option, though getting in could be a challenge. I think that Boma and Poly might be fun, but again getting in is the issue.

Other options are Rainforest, though I'm not a fan, but it's about the kids along those lines you have T-Rex Cafe and Planet Hollywood. House of Blues, if you go early. You might check the menus at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’.

It might be fun, though you might regret all the sugar later, to take them out to desert at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop and order the Kitchen Sink!

I totally forgot about Planet Hollywood. I chaperoned my son's band trip to Universal in May and we went to the PH at Disney Springs and it was a hit with the kids (middle schoolers).

1900 park fare at grand Floridian with Cinderella and the stepsisters

Rainforest Café at Disney Springs. Food is good. The atmosphere is great with the animals, the rains storm that happens every so often. Fish tanks in several areas. They have slushes in fun flavors.

This. Ever since I was a kid I've said the same thing.

We really love T-Rex, my DD has loved it since she was young. T-Rex can be loud and the tables can be close together, but we love it.

If you can do Hoop De Doo, go for it :)

I would try for 1900 Park Fare with the Step Sisters or Raglan Road with live entertainment and dancing. Both experiences offer time for the girls to talk and have fun amongst themselves while also being entertained.

The pre-teen girls I’ve traveled with weren’t big fans of shows in the vein of Hoop De Doo (most of them weren’t that is, at least in my experience...but that is just one opinion!).

For a dance group, Raglan Road should be great - with 1900 Park Fare running a close second in my mind. Rainforest and T-Rex are noisy and fun, but I’ve never enjoyed their food very much although 10-year-old girls probably would find it good.

I would do the Hoop de Doo Revue or 1900 Park Fare dinner. 1900PF is a hoot with the stepsisters there! I think my vote is for 1900PF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter