Most Filling Meals at Disneyworld!

mrsandrews

Earning My Ears
Ok, so I was able to go to Disneyworld once, on my honeymoon about 3 years ago. My brother also went for his honeymoon last year. We're all going together in October.

SO. My brother is a bean pole, but has a hollow leg. I swear he eats 3 times more than the average human being. His complaint last time he went was it was SO expensive to get food, since he often had to order extra food. While we do plan on stocking up on good snacks and whatnot, and obviously nowhere is going to be serving quite THAT much food, what are the biggest meals you've had at Disneyworld?

I searched and searched, and people only talk about filling snacks.

We're staying at Port Orleans-Riverside, and hitting all four parks, so anything you've got would help!

Thanks, guys!

Liberty Tree Tavern at MK has an unlimited Patriot's Platter - basically, every food you eat at Thanksgiving. It's pretty yummy, too - especially the Pot Roast!

I would definitely hit up buffets. We haven't been to many, but we enjoyed Cape May Cafe at the Yacht and Beach Club Resort for dinner a few years ago. They have a ton of seafood, so that's somewhat unique.

I also would suggest Via Napoli in the Italy pavilion at Epcot. You can get some ENORMOUS pizzas there. They have personal size pizzas for smaller appetites as well!

Servings at 50s Prime Time in DHS are HUGE (esp the fried chicken and sampler platters)

Buffets, as stated above, are a good (but more expensive if not breakfast) option.

The fried rice at a Yak and Yeti in AK is a side but is very big, very good, and very reasonable regarding price...it can be added to an appetizer for a filling meal.

Yak & Yeti's lo mein and seafood curry were very large portions.

POR has a make-your-own-pasta option that is said to be enough for two people.

A ribs and chicken platter is available at Flame Tree BBQ and ABC Commissary.

The fried chicken entree and Mom's Favorites are huge at 50's.

Tough question.
If you do buffets you will pay a pretty penny for everyone in the party.
If you just have one heavy eater, then buffets don't make sense for everyone else.
Lunch buffets are cheaper.

Trail's End to go has whole pizzas that you can order, they also have chicken dinners.
Trail's End is the one of the least expensive Disney buffets, food is good.
The chicken wings appetizer at Crockett's Tavern is really big (haven't seen their menu lately, you may want to check if they still have it on their menu).
Boardwalk Pizza Window also has whole pizzas, their prices are higher here than Trail's End.
We really like Whispering Canyon Cafe for their dinner skillet AYCE.

I think most of WDW portions are spot on for an average eater.

Non-character breakfast buffets may be a good bet (you can also order ala carte) - The Wave, Capt. Grill. If you aren't on the dining plan, Garden Grove at the Swan is a little cheaper than other WDW buffets and you can get 20% off if you have a AAA card. Trail's End, as others have suggested, is good.

O'hana for dinner may be a good choice, but, yes, pricey for those who don't eat a lot.

I've always found the portions at Yak and Yeti and Spice Road Table to be very big and, for those they don't want a full entree, they have "small plates" at Spice Road.

Mama Melrose was a very filling meal. Agreed with the poster who recommended the fried rice at Yah & Yeti QS - relatively inexpensive and a large serving.

Ok, so I was able to go to Disneyworld once, on my honeymoon about 3 years ago. My brother also went for his honeymoon last year. We're all going together in October.

SO. My brother is a bean pole, but has a hollow leg. I swear he eats 3 times more than the average human being. His complaint last time he went was it was SO expensive to get food, since he often had to order extra food. While we do plan on stocking up on good snacks and whatnot, and obviously nowhere is going to be serving quite THAT much food, what are the biggest meals you've had at Disneyworld?

I searched and searched, and people only talk about filling snacks.

We're staying at Port Orleans-Riverside, and hitting all four parks, so anything you've got would help!

Thanks, guys!

The buffets are the best bang for your buck. Our absolute fave is Trails End! Unlimited yummy food

The grill options at Sunshine Seasons are pretty big. I got a half chicken and a side of mashed potatoes and there was no way I could finish it all. Plus they offered another side (corn or green beans) that I didn't get.

Any buffet or all you care to eat will work well. I agree with PP that the portions at 50's Prime Time are enormous. In general I think portions at all the restuarants in WDW are huge, and if you are not careful you can easily end up feeling miserable walking all over the parks after being stuffed from a big meal.

We found pinnochio village haus in MK to serve large portions. We ordered the chicken Parmesan pasta which was a big portion and also came with a Caesar salad. They do a great side of breadsticks too!!

Walk down to POFQ and get the 3 piece broasted chicken dinner. It comes with 3 sides and cornbread for $15. It was so enormous I burst out laughing when my husband brought me the plate.

If he was complaining about the price of food last time, then buffets are probably not an option. They are ridiculously priced.

I've always found the portions at WDW to be a days worth of food, for 1 meal pretty much every place! But Raintree Forest Cafe has portions that I'm pretty sure Dr.s would not recommend just 1 human attempting to eat at a sitting. I've gotten the nachos to split for lunch at the bar at the one at AK (surprisingly great drink pours) and never come close to finishing it with 2 hungry grown ups to eat and drink on it for a good bit while cocktails are enjoyed. All the rest I've seen have been insanely huge and honestly, the prices aren't that much more than quick service.

Have a great time! For value, quantity, quality, there's a lot to recommend the French bakery.

I agree with all those saying the buffets are expensive, and it would be unfair for the rest of you to have to shell out a small fortune for one big eater in the party. He could order a side with his meals to fill him up, it may cost him a few extra dollars but HE'S the big eater after all. We enjoy the spring rolls side option at Yak & Yeti Local Cafe.

'Ohana. We've always left there stuffed. Crystal Palace also can be very filling, just like most buffets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!