Most Filling Meals at Disneyworld!

The AYCE and buffets are choices, but if I were the bottomless pit's travel partner I'd be annoyed with having to pay a premium to eat at several of those places when I don't enjoy them that much. One or two are fine but, a la carte is kinder to his traveling companions, LOL!

Excluding the obvious answers of buffets or all you can eat meals, I'd say either the fajita platter at Pecos Bill, the ribs and chicken combo at Flame Tree, or the fried chicken plate at 50's.

I always have to recommend that you splurge one day and go to O'hanas if possible. It is by far one of my favorite restaurants at Disney and the food is never ending.
The only problem I ever have with 'Ohana is I never have enough room to eat as much as I would like (especially the dessert). I wish I had a hollow leg. :)

Another vote for Ohana. I don't know if it's because we get there early and have a few drinks at Tambu Lounge, but that is the one restaurant that makes me so full I feel almost gross afterwards (in a "good" way.)

Trails End buffet is a close second.

Whispering Canyon! One person can order all-you-can eat, the rest don't have to. They have a breakfast platter and a BBQ lunch and dinner platter. I think it's still cheaper at lunch time, even though it's the same food. Captain's Grill and The Wave have that option for breakfast, but not any other meals.

Hoop Dee Doo? The show is fun, again all you can eat.

I think my favorite buffets are biergarten and boma.

Whispering Canyon! One person can order all-you-can eat, the rest don't have to. They have a breakfast platter and a BBQ lunch and dinner platter. I think it's still cheaper at lunch time, even though it's the same food. Captain's Grill and The Wave have that option for breakfast, but not any other meals.
At first I thought you were trying to tell the OP to share the AYCE platter, but then I realized that you were recommending that the OP order the platter for the brother :thumbsup2.

Hands down Boma. The wide variety is enough for even the pickiest eater and he will definitely leave full. There are seriously more choices than anywhere else, to the point where I was too full to try the other things I wanted. It has yet to disappoint.

@DisneyDad2015 has the best advice. The "combo platters" at any of the quick service locations give a great bang for the buck.

Sunshine Seasons food court also serves hefty portions.

Boma dinner buffet. My favorite WDW buffet, and the most filling.

Thanks everyone! All of your suggestions have been noted, and it looks like there's at least one place in each park/area that he can fill up without us all having to pay AYCE prices.
Really appreciate it!

agree with Yak & Yeti, you can't go wrong! the fried rice is VERY filling for a reasonable price.
50's Prime has huge portions as well! and Flame Tree Barbecue.

I'll agree with Sunshine Seasons. We went there once and they had this HUGE sandwich. The bread was triangle shaped and about the size of one of those big mall pizza slices and I swear it was 4 inches tall.

I agree with 50s Prime time and Yak and Yeti fried rice. Also the QS at Morocco meals are pretty big. Just about anything from Pecos Bills at MK can be made bigger because they have a toppings bar. My son and I shared a nachos platter and couldn't finish it (he's a grown man, huge eater). The Plaza at MK has huge portions, heck I couldn't even eat half of the loaded fries and my son left part of his sandwich and fries (we might have filled up on milkshakes, just saying).

I also agree that Prime Time portions are ginormous! I'm not a small dude and I didn't even come close to finishing my meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter