Most Disney Themed Deluxe

christmasmagic

Mouseketeer
Hi- I am beginning to plan a trip for 2019. I would really like to stay in a Deluxe this time but my family really enjoys a very in-your-face Disney theme. My kids will be 5 and 3 around the time of the trip and I wondering what resort will be best. I was thinking Poly or WL may be the most Disney.

I am wondering if a suite at AOA is our best bet but I was looking forward to being closer to the parks. Last time we didn't do as many breaks and I think this time we would benefit from some.

How do you define "Disney themed?" If you want big cement statues and the like, the Values are really where you will find that. The Deluxes are all much more subtle and the theme is not necessarily "Disney" with in-yo-face characters or the like.

If I had to say "most Disney of the Deluxes" I would say Contemporary, just for the Mary Blair stuff and the monorail cutting through. The rooms are not going to be like an AOA suite in any way, though. Lamps will not be shaped like traffic cones, etc.

None. There isn't anything "in your face Disney" at any of the Deluxe resorts.
I guess you could say if anything, Contemporary as it has the monorail running smack through the middle. That's pretty in your face Disney theme.
But the rest, once inside the doors, you'd be hard pressed to know you were at Disney just by looking around inside the resort or the rooms. They all have nothing

However, if the OP means that Disney strongly themed the rooms to match that particular hotel's theme, then that would include at least WL, AKL, BWI, and the Poly. During their last refurbs, the rooms at YC and BC were de-themed, and now have only very subtle hints of theming (such as a sand-colored carpet at BC representing the beach), so those are probably not what you're looking for.

I agree with the others that Contemporary is the only Deluxe that has a monorail running through it so that’s says Disney to me. The others are all themed very Specifically to a specific area like Hawaii at Polynesian, Pacific Northwest at Wilderness Lodge, African Savanna at Animal Kingdim Lodge and New England Beach area at Yacht and Beach Club to name a few.
Not very Disney themed though.

I agree with the others that Contemporary is the only Deluxe that has a monorail running through it so that’s says Disney to me. The others are all themed very Specifically to a specific area like Hawaii at Polynesian, Pacific Northwest at Wilderness Lodge, African Savanna at Animal Kingdim Lodge and New England Beach area at Yacht and Beach Club to name a few.
Not very Disney themed though.

However, if the OP means that Disney strongly themed the rooms to match that particular hotel's theme, then that would include at least WL, AKL, BWI, and the Poly. During their last refurbs, the rooms at YC and BC were de-themed, and now have only very subtle hints of theming (such as a sand-colored carpet at BC representing the beach), so those are probably not what you're looking for.

Thank you! I meant a mix of both so thank you for understanding! I originally had BC on my list but I saw the rooms and were very unimpressed. But WL and Poly may not be Disney themed, it's still a very heavily themed resort. I may add BLT to the mix but only to splurge on a MK view room. DH was didn't care for Contemporary one bit but I do love the idea of ending the night watching the fireworks from my room.

I wish the suites at AOA were more affordable to make this choose easier for me!

Thank you! I meant a mix of both so thank you for understanding! I originally had BC on my list but I saw the rooms and were very unimpressed. But WL and Poly may not be Disney themed, it's still a very heavily themed resort. I may add BLT to the mix but only to splurge on a MK view room. DH was didn't care for Contemporary one bit but I do love the idea of ending the night watching the fireworks from my room.

I wish the suites at AOA were more affordable to make this choose easier for me!
Just to note, for now, you can actually do this from many Standard Rooms at WL. The only thing is it's not all of them but it is many of them. A few of the rooms at the end of the resort, nearest to the lobby, have trees that obstruct the view and the lower floors can't see but an upper floor room will have a view of fireworks AND you'll have some of the theming you are looking for, at a MUCH lower cost than TPV at CR. Depends on how important the view is, and if you want it confirmed or leave it up to chance.

Just to note, for now, you can actually do this from many Standard Rooms at WL. The only thing is it's not all of them but it is many of them. A few of the rooms at the end of the resort, nearest to the lobby, have trees that obstruct the view and the lower floors can't see but an upper floor room will have a view of fireworks AND you'll have some of the theming you are looking for, at a MUCH lower cost than TPV at CR. Depends on how important the view is, and if you want it confirmed or leave it up to chance.

This is great to know! Thank you! DH was pretty impressed with WL and I think they can pass on giant statues of cartoons for the ease of transportation to MK!

I think WL and AKL are the best themed of the Deluxes personally but if you want on the monorail loop I'd say Contemporary Tower rooms due to the monorail running through as others have suggested.

I don't know when you are going but if you are going around Christmas I think WL is the best resort to stay at around the holidays hands down.

I think WL and AKL are the best themed of the Deluxes personally but if you want on the monorail loop I'd say Contemporary Tower rooms due to the monorail running through as others have suggested.

I don't know when you are going but if you are going around Christmas I think WL is the best resort to stay at around the holidays hands down.
We were just there for Christmas and had dinner at WC just to see the decorations! It was beautiful!

I think the minimal disney theme of the deluxe resorts is what attracts people - nice resort with nice amenities, but disney is not in your face. I agree the value resorts are probably the most vivid theming.

BLT is not Disney themed at all (except inside the rooms with Mickey art) and it does not even look like a hotel. We call it Bay Lake General because it looks more like a hospital. Pretty sure they weren't going for "hospital" with the theme. The Contemporary itself does have a nostalgia component because it's one of the original WDW resorts. But if you are looking for an out and out themed resort WL and Poly and AKL (I have just been to South Africa at a game reserve lodge, and they did a pretty good job with AKL)are probably the best choices. None of the themes are particularly Disney though.

BLT is not Disney themed at all (except inside the rooms with Mickey art) and it does not even look like a hotel. We call it Bay Lake General because it looks more like a hospital. Pretty sure they weren't going for "hospital" with the theme. The Contemporary itself does have a nostalgia component because it's one of the original WDW resorts. But if you are looking for an out and out themed resort WL and Poly and AKL (I have just been to South Africa at a game reserve lodge, and they did a pretty good job with AKL)are probably the best choices. None of the themes are particularly Disney though.

Lol I know. DH originally wanted to stay there but money was tight. When we went for a visit last time he was glad I said no. We did enjoy the walk to MK after chef Mickey through!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter