Most Amazing City

For those who feel Paris is filthy let me tell you about my first visit to Zurich. Visited the city after a several months visit in places further south. It was a whim trip and boy did it open my eyes to another view of Europe. Bigger cars, cleaner streets and buildings; seemingly more polite people. Thought I was in a 1950's Americana suburban time warp. Eventually I lived there for a year plus and learned more of the residents. I came to appreciate the southern Romance countries that much better.

I didn't find Paris particularly more dirty or smelly than any other city I've been to, and I've been to most in the U.S. and several in Europe (and we walked all over the city over a week in June 2011), I thought it was great! Loved Barcelona and Rome. Bruges was just so quaint and cute - great little chocolate shops everywhere! However, London is my current favorite - but ask me again after my trip to Amsterdam in March!

I didn't find Paris particularly more dirty or smelly than any other city I've been to, and I've been to most in the U.S. and several in Europe (and we walked all over the city over a week in June 2011), I thought it was great! Loved Barcelona and Rome. Bruges was just so quaint and cute - great little chocolate shops everywhere! However, London is my current favorite - but ask me again after my trip to Amsterdam in March!
The last time I visited London not just used it as a cheaper way to visit the continent I was still deep in the thought that I didn't want to be there since everyone spoke a language I knew well, I could still run into relatives (also avoided the Caribbean in that time frame) and the food was hellaciously bad so I didn't appreciate it properly. Time to get back there again:).

The last time I visited London not just used it as a cheaper way to visit the continent I was still deep in the thought that I didn't want to be there since everyone spoke a language I knew well, I could still run into relatives (also avoided the Caribbean in that time frame) and the food was hellaciously bad.

Hmmm, I guess everyone has their own impressions and experiences at different times of their life because even though yeah, they speak the same language (albeit some people you encounter you have to listen very carefully! lol) I loved the history, museums and cathedrals, and the food!

They do say, "See Venice and die".
And many cruisers have answered the call:eek:
Hmmm, I guess everyone has their own impressions and experiences at different times of their life because even though yeah, they speak the same language (albeit some people you encounter you have to listen very carefully! lol) I loved the history, museums and cathedrals, and the food!
I'm a more mature version of self now and am ready to visit the UK on it's own terms now:). Oh and for the record I did nothing on the continent that would cause me to avoid relatives and even met a distant family member on a street in Stuttgart thus reminding me of an adage my mother always told us: act like I'm there since you never know who I know, LOL.

And many cruisers have answered the call:eek:

Actually that's a sore spot. Last time I was there there were three super-cruisers in dock and tonnes of tourists clogging the streets and canals. The locals are getting fed up and there is a call to limit the number of tourists allowed in per year. A big chunk of commerce is now foreign owned.

I like London but my issue is the # of tourists. I'm becoming allergic to tourists and try to avoid them at all cost.

Tokyo.

If you want to see Venice, go to Tokyo DisneySea instead, it's much cleaner! :)

I love Kyoto also, but Tokyo is my favorite city on earth

I like London but my issue is the # of tourists. I'm becoming allergic to tourists and try to avoid them at all cost.

We loved Edinburgh and Scotland in general, better than London, and, even though Edinburgh was somewhat crowded, nothing on London.

The people who said Paris, I wonder if they ever been to Paris.
I think spending 1200 dollars a night made my vacation great and having private tours worth it. I also speak a bit of French. And dining at aperge. Also was great.
Apparently the best city in the USA is charleston

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter