Mosquitoes

Kleese

Mouseketeer
I’ve never been to Disney in the summer. Are mosquitos a huge problem in the parks? What are some essentials besides sunblock do u think we need on a summer visit? Thanks

I have never had issues with mosquitos at WDW. As far as essentials I would bring those little water bottles with the fans. They sell them all over the parks but your local Wal Mart sells them cheap!! Chapstick with SPF, and plenty of water to keep hydrated!!!!

I always get bitten in Florida except at Disney! In the parks it’s fine. If your concerned I’d bring off wipes instead of the bottle since it can be packed in a carryon and easily carried with you. But again never has been an issue for me and I hate the smell of off so if I don’t need it I won’t use it.

The only real essential is water. Clearly you can buy this in a park or bring it with you (water bottle to refill). Another thing I use in the summer is a sun hat. It keeps my scalp from getting a burn where the part is and keeps the sun off my face.

I’ve never been to Disney in the summer. Are mosquitos a huge problem in the parks? What are some essentials besides sunblock do u think we need on a summer visit? Thanks

Have never even 'seen' a mosquito at Disney so they must not be an issue - with all that water maybe there are some, but I think Disney sprays.

DD is petrified of them and allergic - we swear by buggable bands in Florida - and in NY.

I've never had a problem until my trip last week. I'm all bit up. Prior to this never gotten bitten in the parks before.

Never been bitten at Disney during trips that took place during mid June; July, and winter months but still carry a 30% DEET wipe packet in my wristlet. You'll find them in your room or just ask Housekeeping.

I have never had a problem either. Just in case, make sure you wear an insect-repellent. That always helps you stay worry free throughout the whole time.

We always use Avon bug off over our sunscreen. We've never had a problem at WDW but it works great while camping so I'm sure it would do the job at WDW. It's also great in keeping the little black gnats away.(not sure what they are called)

Here now and DH and DS1 are total magnets for mosquitoes. Literally to the point where DS1 looked like he was having an allergic reaction after being bitten by a ton. Neither has gotten a single bite since we've been here and we're staying at BLT between two bodies of water...

I've been to Disney dozens of times and am pretty sure I've never been bitten.

I've never had a problem until my trip last week. I'm all bit up. Prior to this never gotten bitten in the parks before.

SAME! I was there May 1-5 and I have 10 bites that are still itching like CRAZY. I got all eaten up on my ankles, back of my neck, and calves. I have never been bitten in any of my 25+ previous trips.

SAME! I was there May 1-5 and I have 10 bites that are still itching like CRAZY. I got all eaten up on my ankles, back of my neck, and calves. I have never been bitten in any of my 25+ previous trips.

Yep, we were there same week. Me and my friend got so bit up on our legs and feet, I have a few on my arms too. :(

I have never been bitten by a mosquito at Disney and I usually get bit all the time in my backyard. Also all the hotels have been supplying bug spray in the room. At least they did two summers ago when I was pregnant and there was that mosquito epidemic. I haven't noticed if they are still in the rooms or not on my last trip

I have never been bitten by a mosquito at Disney and I usually get bit all the time in my backyard. Also all the hotels have been supplying bug spray in the room. At least they did two summers ago when I was pregnant and there was that mosquito epidemic. I haven't noticed if they are still in the rooms or not on my last trip

No bug spray last summer and no bug spray 2 weeks ago (both were deluxe resorts).

There are a TON of mosquitos around now. More than I have ever seen. Either they aren't spraying like they used to, or there are just many more due to the heavy rains FL has had all year.

No bug spray last summer and no bug spray 2 weeks ago (both were deluxe resorts).

There are a TON of mosquitos around now. More than I have ever seen. Either they aren't spraying like they used to, or there are just many more due to the heavy rains FL has had all year.

I think it has a lot to do with all of the construction around too. I've never been bit at Disney until 3 wks ago.

I now live in the Southeast, 3 years now. Mosquitos haven’t been a big issue here until this year. I’ve gone out just to water plants & I’m bitten up all over. And I noticed on our local news they now giving mosquito reports. I’ve never had a problem at Disney though. I’d certainly pack mosquito repellant.

During visits between the summer of 2017 and 2018, I found DEET wipes in either the bathroom or closet in our rooms at Poly and BWI. Haven't seen them in the rooms for subsequent visits but have seen them on the room attendants' carts and once had the concierge lounge's CM call down to housekeeping to have it left in our room. The wipes weigh next to nothing in my park wristlet so this is one instance where being proactive makes good sense to me.

DD is a mosquito magnet and the only problem I recall having was at Spirit of Aloha around sunset. I had two bites and she had a half dozen! She prefers that I pack bug spray every trip now.

We just bought stretchy spiral mosquito bracelets from Amazon to use at home. Kid normally gets bit pretty badly at home but this past week, no new bites. The bands seem to be working well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!