Mosquitoes in June?

rosiegmendez

Mouseketeer
We are going in June and wondering if mosquito bites are an issue? Specifically by the hotel pool. The kids may want to swim in the evenings, we are staying at the Poly, thanks!

If you have 6 minutes this video from one of my favorite Disney YouTubers explains exactly why there are no mosquitoes in any of Disney World.

That was pretty interesting. I've never seen that video.

We've been to Disney in almost every month and have never had major issues with mosquitoes. We were there last week and I did get a couple of bites, but nothing in comparison to what I'd get hanging out outdoors at home.

The only time I’ve gotten a few bites was in July several years back watching Illuminations from the bridge between Canada and France. Otherwise, nothing in many years of WDW visits.

The only time I’ve gotten bitten was after hurricane matthew. I got absolutely eaten alive, to the point where I googled some stuff after my trip only to find out that apparently mosquitos were a huge problem post-hurricane Matthew throughout all of Florida.

But we travel in summer all the time and have never found mosquitos to be a problem.

I'm a mosquito magnet, it's like a perversion of the field of dreams. Instead of a voice saying "if you build it, they will come" it's "if you go there, the mosquitoes will come"

I don't think I've ever been bitten by a mosquito in disney world.

It really is quite amazing the lengths Disney goes to eliminate/lessen mosquitoes. Last July, I was walking on the path at POR next to an area of foot-high standing water at midnight. Anywhere else and that would be a death zone but didn't see/feel/hear one mosquito.

We’ve been to WDW probably 50 times, usually staying a week or so. We’ve stayed in most every resort. We’ve lounged extensively by the pools.

I never apply repellent.

I’ve been bitten exactly twice.

Hello, we have been to WDW many times during the summer... but only one time (2017) did I get mosquitos bites...
And as someone mentions in an earlier post, it was at Epcot.. it was a lot of them that night, but I remember they had a sign out about the mosquitoes.

Mosquitoes love me and I've gotten bit by them at Disney many times. Disney does a pretty good job spraying for them, but they always seem to find me. Last time I was bit was a week ago while watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks. I would recommend using the mosquito spray.

There actually is some science behind why certain people get bit more than others, so if you feel like that's you, it's probably not all in your imagination! I got bit in the evening at the pool at CSR last year, but it was in the midst of all the construction so I wonder if some of that impacted their normal mosquito control measures. Other than that one time, I've never been bit at Disney.

I had a few bites from mosquitoes last year (October I think) in Magic Kingdom. I went to the first aid center, and they gave me insect repellent wipes. No issues after that.

I’ve been bitten at Poly every time, regardless of the time of year. Also, the boat docks at Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter