Morning EMH at AK

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
We will be at AK on Saturday July 22. They have morning EMH from 8-9. Our plan is to be at the park by 7:00. We will be staying at BLT. We will not have a car. Will there be buses available that early in the morning from BLT to AK? When do they start running? What time should we be at the bus stop? Thank you!

How accurate is this? I asked an AK bus driver outside of BLT this afternoon and he said the first bus leaving here tomorrow morning will be between 7-7:10. We are willing to be outside waiting by 6:30 if a bus will be coming soon after.

Last edited:

Just an update. We were at the bus stop at the Contemporary by 6:30 and on a bus by 6:35.

How busy was the park when you arrived? Planning on at least a couple of us doing morning EMH at the Animal Kingdom during our next trip. Was there a huge mob before park open?

We were at the park by 6:52 and among the first few at security. Security didn't open until 7:30. I didn't think the crowds were too bad at that point. Once the park opened at 9:00 to all, we commented to each other about the crowds of people heading toward Pandora. We found EMH to definitely be worth it.

On days without EMH, are the buses still running as early?
We have a 8am Wild Africa Trek, with arrival at the park required at 7:30am, on a day that has normal (9am) park opening. I am starting to panic about getting there on time from Contemporary, and wondering if there is a more reliable way? Where do uber/taxi drop off at that hour?

On days without EMH, are the buses still running as early?
They should be.
We have a 8am Wild Africa Trek, with arrival at the park required at 7:30am, on a day that has normal (9am) park opening. I am starting to panic about getting there on time from Contemporary, and wondering if there is a more reliable way?
No need to panic. Just be at the bus stop at 6:30, and if no bus shows up by 7, summon an Uber or Lyft.
Where do uber/taxi drop off at that hour?
Interesting question. IIRC, there's no gate at the toll booth, they just drop a traffic cone in the lane when the booth is closed. If I had someone to drop off and all the lanes were blocked, I'd just move the cone out of the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!