Morimoto Asia for Lunch

I never had a chance to eat there in the past and it was a must for my upcoming trip.
Looks like it won't be happeming.
Maybe they were losing money on it? Wish Disney would demand it of restaurants on their property.
Very disappointed. You invest in the DDP and then have to spend out of pocket for a meal when you have all these credits to use up?
Absolutely ridiculous.

Vincep, i now see that most non-Disney owned restaurants have to re-up with Dining Plan in January every year. Most will sign their contracts, then the listing will be updated. So there is still hope. If you look elsewhere on Disboards, there is a lot of discussion on this topic in the last 2 days, just not specifically about Morimoto Asia.

I'll check up on the topic.
Here's hoping.
Thank you for checking it out.
I was also wondering about people who have upcoming trips, are on Dining plans, and have made reservations there.
They could get a rude awakening when they arrive.

I just booked a lunch reservation for 1/25 and my email confirmation says Morimoto is 1 credit for lunch.

I never had a chance to eat there in the past and it was a must for my upcoming trip.
Maybe they were losing money on it? Wish Disney would demand it of restaurants on their property.
Very disappointed. You invest in the DDP and then have to spend out of pocket for a meal when you have all these credits to use up?
Absolutely ridiculous.

I can't see them losing money, the menu was restricted. They had dollar limits on what was allowed and what wasn't. I do think it's a contracting thing. Otherwise, it was probably the logistics and disappointment to customers of being restricted that's the concern.

Absolutely ridiculous.

This happens in January every year. 95% sure Morimoto Asia will remain on the dining plan. Just takes a while for restaurants to sign contracts and there is a panic every year.

I was there over Christmas with the Deluxe plan. There were 5 of us (3 adults, DD18 and DS17) and we used 4 credits sharing everything. The steak and duck was counted as a two credit entree (even at lunch). BTW the steak was amazing and well worth it.

We were extremely full after 3 entrees and 4 appetizers. Struggled a bit with dessert lol.

It was an extremely lengthy meal - almost 3 hours. Partly because of problems with our dessert (something wrong with their ice cream machine or whatever), partly because of the general slow pace of everything and partly because of doing it in 3 courses.

Actually, we had 4 meals with our deluxe credits and they all took 2.5-3 hours. In future, I will ask for apps at the same time as entrees (although not our preference) or even better, just quicker pacing. We are used to having 1-1.5hr meals on DDP. We enjoyed our leisurely meals but it ate up too much of the day (pun intended lol).

This happens in January every year. 95% sure Morimoto Asia will remain on the dining plan. Just takes a while for restaurants to sign contracts and there is a panic every year.

I was there over Christmas with the Deluxe plan. There were 5 of us (3 adults, DD18 and DS17) and we used 4 credits sharing everything. The steak and duck was counted as a two credit entree (even at lunch). BTW the steak was amazing and well worth it.

We were extremely full after 3 entrees and 4 appetizers. Struggled a bit with dessert lol.

It was an extremely lengthy meal - almost 3 hours. Partly because of problems with our dessert (something wrong with their ice cream machine or whatever), partly because of the general slow pace of everything and partly because of doing it in 3 courses.

Actually, we had 4 meals with our deluxe credits and they all took 2.5-3 hours. In future, I will ask for apps at the same time as entrees (although not our preference) or even better, just quicker pacing. We are used to having 1-1.5hr meals on DDP. We enjoyed our leisurely meals but it ate up too much of the day (pun intended lol).

I see both a filet and a strip steak on the menu. Do you know if both were considered 2 credit entrees or just one? Also, since 2 credits applied for the steak entree, did you get to pick 2 apps and desserts for those 2 credits, or just one? I'm guessing 2, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

I see both a filet and a strip steak on the menu. Do you know if both were considered 2 credit entrees or just one? Also, since 2 credits applied for the steak entree, did you get to pick 2 apps and desserts for those 2 credits, or just one? I'm guessing 2, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

The strip steak was 1 credit at lunch. The Mongolian Filet Mignon was 2 credits. We could still get 2 apps along with the one entree. So basically we used 4 Deluxe credits for:
4 apps:
- surf and turf roll
- lobster roll
(Yes these more expensive rolls still counted as apps)
- spider roll
- something else I cannot remember

3 entrees:
- orange chicken
- Mongolian filet mignon (two credits but soooooo good!!)
- full sized sticky ribs (ended up being a more filling portion than we expected. Picture and plate looks small, but these were large, meaty ribs)

Desserts (we were really too full to eat this)
- chocolate cream and crunch
- yuzu pie
- mochi mochi
- sorbetto trio
All were good - none were headliners for us.

Overall, we would go back :) Enjoyed our meal. Surprised how stuffed 5 of us were for just 4 deluxe credits. 3 deluxe credits here would have been enough for us.

The strip steak was 1 credit at lunch. The Mongolian Filet Mignon was 2 credits. We could still get 2 apps along with the one entree. So basically we used 4 Deluxe credits for:
4 apps:
- surf and turf roll
- lobster roll
(Yes these more expensive rolls still counted as apps)
- spider roll
- something else I cannot remember

3 entrees:
- orange chicken
- Mongolian filet mignon (two credits but soooooo good!!)
- full sized sticky ribs (ended up being a more filling portion than we expected. Picture and plate looks small, but these were large, meaty ribs)

Desserts (we were really too full to eat this)
- chocolate cream and crunch
- yuzu pie
- mochi mochi
- sorbetto trio
All were good - none were headliners for us.

Overall, we would go back :) Enjoyed our meal. Surprised how stuffed 5 of us were for just 4 deluxe credits. 3 deluxe credits here would have been enough for us.

Thank you so much!

What time did you book your lunch reservation for? The website says 11:30am -4:15pm for lunch. I would like to book something on the later side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!