More women, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree that more representation is needed but in the last thread ( i forget who sorry-but one of the members of the podcast had mentioned its something that's on their radar but as of now this is how the podcast is) Unfortunately, I don't think its going to happen soon when we will get more women and POC but I'm happy they at least seem to know that it would be appreciated. I mean the sooner the better but alas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This topic comes up a lot and I do get it and wanting to see other points of view, but at the same time what this channel is, is the points of view of these team members - and you just have to take it at that. What they say isn't Gospel, it doesn't mean it is true for everyone, it is just their take, from their point of view. Other channels have different points of view

I do think they have a lot of diversity represented in other ways:
- different ages
- different sexual orientation
- different marital status
- kids/no kids
- etc.

It's hard for any one podcast to have every single area covered. Could they have more women? sure! Persons of Color? sure! Single parents? Sure! Asian Americans? sure! Every single different type of disability covered? sure! and a ton more

They have some that other podcast don't and are missing some that others don't ... I get wanting to see points of view that are closer to your situation represented, but I know what they say doesn't always fit for me (I am a parent with 3 young kids so I know my view / anticipation for Toy Story Land is going to likely be a lot different than theirs - but I still listen for their take on thing, but just know that is all it is)

Take a bow, my friend.

I agree 100%. Don't get me wrong, I truly love and appreciate every single member of the podcast team but they could use some female representation on the show. I say this because huge part of the fan demographics are young women and moms with litte kids that are also huge disney geeks, enjoy great dining and have a strong, valuable opinion on the different experiences, rides, shows ect.

There have been many times where I am on my car, listening to the podcast and all of the sudden I find myself screaming at the radio in disagreement (sounds dramatic but is not that bad haha). Just something to consider... I believe it will only improve that connection between the audience and the podcast Team and will also create new content opportunities.

If they could just rotate Teresa, Kathy and Julie, that would be nice. It was nice to hear Teresa on the last podcast, just didn't hear a lot from her. Kathy seems to be a frequent visitor to the park, her input would be appreciated. I really enjoyed the Disneyland videos with Ryno when they were in CA, hoping for more of those. Just my two cents...

If they could just rotate Teresa, Kathy and Julie, that would be nice. It was nice to hear Teresa on the last podcast, just didn't hear a lot from her. Kathy seems to be a frequent visitor to the park, her input would be appreciated. I really enjoyed the Disneyland videos with Ryno when they were in CA, hoping for more of those. Just my two cents...
Nicely said, and I agree.
More females would be NICE, if they are AVAILABLE, but should NOT be de rigeur. IMHO - I'm not one to want to see "changes" or things "having to be a certain way "just because", or to be PC. Defeats the innate purpose then, no?

So there's 12 total people that get rotated for podcasts, and 3 of them are women I believe.... so they need to do a quota beyond that somehow? Do they fire one of the men because they have to fill a quota for that? or just take on the extra expense of hiring another woman?

Let’s face it, they hire from a pool of prospective employees ...without knowing who apply for these positions -if that diversity isn’t available to them, it makes it kind of hard to build a diverse team. If you’re in that group, next time Pete puts out a help wanted message ...send in your resume!

That could be an alternative. My impression is that their schedules don't allow them to be part of the shows consistently, but I could be wrong.

Personally, I think they could benefit so much from having a regular female in the shows. Not only to join discussions consistently, but also somebody that can be part of the team that helps create content for the podcast shows, go to the parks with them, do vlogs ect. That is what I am hoping to see in the future and I strongly believe that the talent is available. Heck! I would do it for free if I they would let me :flower3:

I understand financially might not make sense to bring a new person at the moment. Still hope they consider it in the future.

I also have 3 children and would definitely appreciate a little more conversation about parenting/families in respect to WDW. I've wanted to chime in multiple times on topics that, if they saw the other side, they might have a different recommendation. It's made me search for other podcasts that fit my demographic and also have current park information (it's difficult).

However, I love the Sucks/Doesn't Suck shows and the Best and Worst. Quick and to the point and give me new ideas on places to visit on our trips.

It was especially upsetting that no women were on the show where they were discussing whether John Lassetter should return to Disney after the sexual harassment allegations against him. The younger men all stuck up with the more balanced perspective, only to be drowned out and interrupted by Pete with claims of the "mob mentality" around Hollywood's sexual harassment scandals.

He's entitled to his opinion, but he should have the guts to say it with a woman present. And having a bunch of guys discussing the merits of #MeToo is ill advised to say the least.

It was especially upsetting that no women were on the show where they were discussing whether John Lassetter should return to Disney after the sexual harassment allegations against him. The younger men all stuck up with the more balanced perspective, only to be drowned out and interrupted by Pete with claims of the "mob mentality" around Hollywood's sexual harassment scandals.

He's entitled to his opinion, but he should have the guts to say it with a woman present. And having a bunch of guys discussing the merits of #MeToo is ill advised to say the least.
Preach!

I would like to see a female broadcaster on the DIS daily fix, and on some of the specialty broadcasts. If I lived in the area, I would apply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter