MORE Questions from First timers staying in a Cabin at The Fort

HHMcG

DIS Veteran
First timers staying at The Fort (in a cabin)!!! Aug 3-10

I'll probably have other questions but here is my most pressing.

In the cabin, is there room for a twin sized airmatress with the sofa bed pulled out? We just invited our neice to spend a few days with us in the cabin. So now DD (17) and DN(16) will have to share the pull out sofa. DD is tall (5'-11") DN is petite. I just started thinking this might be tight and looking for alternative.

There is probably the space for a twin sized air mattress BUT it would have to be in the kitchen area between the refrigerator and the dishwasher and would have to be propped up against the wall or deflated during the day (or set up on its side back in the bedroom or something) in order for anyone to use the kitchen or get to the living room during the day time. It would also mean that your DD would probably have to step over the air mattress in order to use the bathroom at night or to be able to access the door in case of an emergency.

There is room for the twin air mattress.. but like Tetera says, it will be closer to the kitchen/dining area...
The sofa bed will take up most of the room in the den/tv area.. but the twin mattress should fit either in front of the dining table or just in the kitchen which could really fit a double or queen mattress. Regardless, there is plenty of room.

Back with two more cabin questions:

1 - I just realized there is no oven in the cabin, just a convection microwave. How big is the microwave? Will it fit an average frozen pizza? I am on a restricted diet and was hoping to make a few "safer" meals for myself.

2 - All the photos of the bedroom I've seen, are from the same angle and do not show any storage. Are there drawers or something for clothing storage in the bedroom? I'm picturing the 4 of us staying in the bedroom living out of suitcases.:crowded:

Thank you!!!

1 - I just realized there is no oven in the cabin, just a convection microwave. How big is the microwave? Will it fit an average frozen pizza? I am on a restricted diet and was hoping to make a few "safer" meals for myself.

2 - All the photos of the bedroom I've seen, are from the same angle and do not show any storage. Are there drawers or something for clothing storage in the bedroom? I'm picturing the 4 of us staying in the bedroom living out of suitcases.:crowded:

Thank you!!!
I always check out videos on youtube before staying at new resorts. I would try looking there to get a good idea of the cabin space and storage.

Thank you!!!

Not terribly helpful with the first one, but I do know about the second:

1. We haven't tried to cook a pizza in the microwave, but, as you said, it is a larger convection microwave and as such it would probably fit an average frozen pizza....

2. There are some drawers and a "closet" area (smaller curtained-off area) with hangers in the bedroom. However, there are more (and much larger) drawers out in the living room area under the TV. The queen bed in the bedroom is also elevated for storing luggage underneath.

Thank you!!!
We cook a frozen pizza in it every time we stay in the cabins

The storage in the bedroom is limited - There are a few drawers and a small closet for hanging items (If you can, bring more hangers!). I stayed for a week with a friend in April and I found the storage in the living room to be much better. I only kept my next day's clothes in the bedroom drawer and rotated my clothes in.

The one thing I couldn't find a great spot for were my shoes! Bring some flip flops or something to wear around the cabin - the floors were dirty when I stayed in April.

Please also know the space between the queen and the bunkbeds is not large either. It's a cozy bedroom but it's great.

You're going to enjoy it - It is a great space.

Purchase an over the door shoe holder, I have a cloth one I purchased at Walmart. We hang it over the door in the bathroom and fill it will underwear, socks, bras, dry bathing suits, and even dry flip flops. It leaves more room in dresser.

You could purchase two and put one on the inside of the bedroom door and store rolled up tee shirts etc there.

The only down side it acts like a reverse countdown to the end of your vacation. The emptier it is means it almost time to leave ;)

Purchase an over the door shoe holder, I have a cloth one I purchased at Walmart. We hang it over the door in the bathroom and fill it will underwear, socks, bras, dry bathing suits, and even dry flip flops. It leaves more room in dresser.

You could purchase two and put one on the inside of the bedroom door and store rolled up tee shirts etc there.

The only down side it acts like a reverse countdown to the end of your vacation. The emptier it is means it almost time to leave ;)
That's actually a brilliant idea! I'm going to do that when I visit relatives (we RV to WDW) as their guest room has zero drawer storage so I end up living out of my suitcase. It does have a small closet so I'm going to get a hanging one.

Great idea! I have one of those from a recommendation from another trip (maybe cruise?) Now I just need to find it. :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter