More popular - FOP or SDD?

We are going 4/12-4/20 so the week before Easter. My Fastpass window was on Monday and I was able to book SDD on 60+1 for 6:15pm I think the easiest that day was around 5pm. Our animal kingdom day is 60+7 and we are not doing FOP but there was almost all day available, even today there are still early afternoon FOP available for that day. I booked SDD first because it was earlier in my trip and then did 7DMT for 60+2, FEA for 60+3 and then went to book for animal kingdom. So I would say it depends on which one is earlier in your trip.

Yeah, that is always the issue...novelty. I remember waiting in the TSMM line for 2 hours. SDD will be walk on when Galexy's Edge opens. ;)

FOP has been harder to get for me personally, as I've gotten SDD more times. Going by wait times alone FOP is definitely busier, as sometimes those lines are insanely long compared to SDD. Plus, SDD is affected by the weather while FOP is not. I would expect SDD to calm down a bit sooner than FOP though, as it will have more in-park competition compared to FOP.

When I was there last month. I waited 45 minutes to get on SDD. I looked at times for FOP and it went all the way up to 3 hours. We only got to do it because we did After Hours at AK.

Taking a look at the current situation for a party of 4:

FOP = 60+1 in the evening is available; 60+2 afternoon; 60+4 morning

SDD = 60+3 afternoon is first available; 60+5 morning

SDD is thus the harder FP to get, right this moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter