More popular - FOP or SDD?

At this time they are both really hard to get FP, as far as which one sells out more quickly, I can't answer that question. I can tell you, FOP opened back in 2017 and still has a pretty commanding rope drop crowd whereas SDD in my opinion has died down considerably already. Don't misread this to mean that SDD is a walk on, it's not the case at all but it's only been open since end of June 2018 and the crowd levels at RD just don't compare. I feel FOP just has more of a crowd draw and of course a much longer wait typically than SDD. I think both of these are very hard to get FP especially if you're trying to make these FP early in your trip and not later on.

Would agree both are in high demand.
I find I can get a FP for SDD earlier in the trip than FoP. Based just on that, I would guess FoP is still in higher demand.

As others have said both are still very high in demand. I would try to get them as late in your trip as possible. I was able to get FOP on days 4 and 6 and SDD on day 5 of an upcoming trip. I think SDD will die down- IMO TSMM is a better ride and I'd rather get a FP for that over SDD. On the other hand, FOP is far superior to Navi River and I don't think that demand will die down any time soon.

I'd been tracking it a bit ahead of my April trip and I have to say that SDD seems WAY more in demand than FOP...obviously your mileage may vary but it definitely seems like SDD is the hardest one to get...maybe by just a hair over FOP.

I'd vote for SSD, but I'm a big chicken and never tried FOP. My husband has tried FOP and says it is a one and done for him. The leg straps were uncomfortable for him, but he has nerve damage in one leg, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Would agree both are in high demand.
I find I can get a FP for SDD earlier in the trip than FoP. Based just on that, I would guess FoP is still in higher demand.
Good to know... I was wondering about this. I will probably shoot to get my FOP FP first and then SDD next.

I think that people are more willing to wait in line for FoP. It seems like a SDD fp is slightly harder to get, but FoP is almost guaranteed to have a 90-120 minute standby line at minimum. And it has been more like 180 on my trips.

Personally, I haven’t been on SDD yet because I wasn’t able to get a fp on my 2 trips since it opened. I saw 45 minutes standby once, but wasn’t interested enough to wait. But I would have jumped on 45 minutes for FoP. I think it has more long term ride-ability because there really isn’t anything else like it.

SDD for sure is harder to get as a FP, followed by FoP and then probably 7DMT. (As others have mentioned, the line for FoP is typically longer, but I’ve found it much easier to get it when booking). When FP day comes, I would book SDD first and then try for FoP.

I think SDD is a still a little harder to get, it is newer and more people can (or will) ride it than FOP. I think as time goes on FOP will be the harder one to get.

I’m going to say FOP bc I feel a lot of us with littles are shelling out to do the EMM :) that’s how we are avoiding the TSL fp situation

When booking last year
My main issue was frozen.
Could not find a single time for us.

Managed sdd & fop no problem at the 60 day window.

It’s a strange world after all

SDD is currently harder to get, but FOP FP is more "valuable" (in terms of FP vs standby wait times).

Reactions: CJN
Yes at my 60 days yesterday found it harder to get sdd than fop which surprised me. And 7dmm was no prob.

It seems to vary a little from time to time, but most people I’ve seen have reported that SDD is harder to get as a FP than FOP. I’ve seen some people having luck with FOP as early as 60+2 (not consistently) whereas SDD is more likely to require 60+4.

When booking last year
My main issue was frozen.
Could not find a single time for us.

Managed sdd & fop no problem at the 60 day window.

It’s a strange world after all

That seems to have changed a lot recently—I could see midday availability at about 25 days out for FEA this week, when I was pondering changing some plans. All three Epcot tier one rides had lots of FPs left.

Have you done either? If you've done both, I'd suggest picking your favorite and hoping for the best. If you've done one, then do the other. If it came down to only being able to do one attraction, I would pick FoP. SDD is cool, but it's not the same experience as FoP.
For HS, my personal opinion is that I would rather spend the morning doing ToT, RnR coaster, TSMM at RD than SDD.

I think SDD is slightly harder due to the novelty, but I expect it to be much easier in the not so distant future. FOP is more unique IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter