More Off-Site ECV Rental Questions

Has anyone folded up a 3 wheel scooter to be put in the trunk of a rental car? It looks so big!

I used to take apart my old Pride REVO 3-wheel mobility scooter and pack it in the trunk of my Nissan Maxima.

What kind of mobility scooter do you have or which one are you going to rent.

I didn't use my basket, so I had five parts that came apart. Some of the newer models have the battery as one piece, but my two batteries were separate.

It depends on the model you own/rent and the weight capacity of your mobility scooter.

I bought mine for the weight capacity of 300-lbs and it required a larger, heavier battery.

I put the rear wheels with the motor, heaviest piece in first and placed it sideways on the left side of the trunk.

Then I put the seat upside down and sideways which was the narrowest in the rear of the trunk behind the motor. I had to remove the armrests to make room.

Then I put the front tiller section on the right side with the wheel toward the rear of the trunk.

And finally, I packed the two batteries on top of the floorboard of the tiller section. That is why I put the tiller wheel toward the rear living a flat space to place my batteries on either side of the tiller.

Then I put the two armrests on top of that.

My car trunk was fairly large, but it still was a tight fit.

And every car trunk is different, just like every mobility scooter is different in size and weight when taken apart. And everyone has their own way of loading a mobility scooter in the trunk.

I did a lot of research when I bought my first mobility scooter.

When I bought my second mobility scooter, I bought it to get to work and I knew I couldn't take it apart.

If you find out what brand and name of your mobility scooter, you can find photos and weights of each section.

I finally got to the point where I could no longer lift the motor section into the trunk by myself because I would lose my balance and fall.

The video below is of a smaller, lightweight mobility scooter. Mine was much larger and much heavier. It was difficult for me to lift the motor section and it was too big to load on top of the floorboard of the tiller.

And my last mobility scooter was very heavy and I could never take it apart and lift it into a rental car. I had a hard enough time to just unpack it and put it together.

Here is another video of a person loading a lighter weight mobility scooter into a car/Suv trunk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!