More luggage than hands! Help!

SilentK

Mouseketeer
Ladies and gents, we're off on 30 November so planning is in full swing. This time however we are joined by a little person (and I'm making the most of his baggage allowance)

So there will be 2 of us adults, 3 checked cases, 1 pram and 3 hand luggage cases. We don't live too far from Gatwick so thinking about twilight check in to get rid of some. However, will I be able to get a trolley at MCO at baggage claim and take it all the way to Magical Express?

Sorry no, you will be able to get a trolley at bag claim to go through customs, then you will need to put the baggage on the 2nd bag drop and go up the escalator to take the monorail to the main terminal, you will then need to go to the A side and down to floor 2 and collect your luggage from the carousel then back up the lift and across to B side to get to the magical express! You will be able to get a trolley at the 2nd luggage carousel but they are charged for, I think $5 and you can use a card to pay!

Agree with pp.

We found this a MAJOR struggle last year although we have 2 little ones, only one stroller though but also took the car seat.....BIG mistake never again lol!

I was hoping to carry all the luggage etc over to the other side but that was not possible. Then we ended up waiting forever for our luggage :mad:

Try your hardest to carry it on the monorail, it may be a struggle but it's worth it :)

Could one person not take 2xchecked cases with 2xhand luggage on top, whilst the other takes a pram in one hand, suitcase in the other and hand luggage across the bars on the back of the pram?

Not ideal but doable, I've had a lot of logistical nightmares with 4 kids under 5, including twins!

<---just had to google pram
"Pram" short form version of "perambulator" device used for walking out with a baby or small child from the ancient times of the victorians who insisted that nannies took the children out for fresh air in. Known these days as a posh version of a 3 in 1 stroller or buggy ( not to be confused with the HM Doom Buggy ). My mum had one for me and yes I am ancient.

Am I right that you have 3 small cases for hand luggage as well? I would try and cut down on these. Perhaps use bags instead which can go on your back or over your shoulder or on your pram.

"Pram" short form version of "perambulator" device used for walking out with a baby or small child from the ancient times of the victorians who insisted that nannies took the children out for fresh air in. Known these days as a posh version of a 3 in 1 stroller or buggy ( not to be confused with the HM Doom Buggy ). My mum had one for me and yes I am ancient.

I didn't know that! I just thought pram was a word :) I guess buggy isn't used in the us either :)

You forget how many odd words we use, probably explains why the Americans look at me like I've grown a second head whenever I open my mouth :rotfl2:

Took me a while to work out why people were so concerned about what underwear to take, when discussing "pants"
Ah the legendary language barriers of US/UK jargon it's easy to forget what americans call pants we call trousers .. sleeveless jumpers here are called sweater vest over there.... ok I'll shut up

I once asked for oregano to go on my pizza.

I was given a paper plate.
Lol!! We often mix up chips with fries and crisps with chips... and I wouldn't bat an eye at oregano on a pizza All good pizza needs a few good herbs on too. I would have understood you.

Lol @wifey. I remember looking forward to some ' chips ' with my hotdog in Epcot and as soon as they put the crisps on the counter I had a little chuckle to myself. The crisp/chip thing still gets me now.

All the pp have me laugh :rotfl:

My dh asked for 'red sauce' then 'tomato sauce'during our first visit ...took a few seconds to realise it was ketchup.....

Agree with those suggesting hand luggage change to bags. We have rucksacks then can go on back or on top of case. That 2nd conveyor belt took ages on our last visit and spat one of our cases out missing a wheel leaving a hole in the corner. Luckily my 'pants' were bagged up so they went hanging out!

Thank you everyone. Massive thanks for the detailed explanation Lexie.

I'm hoping we can put one big case inside another and then just have 2 big cases but will still have the hand luggage. Need to have a think about logistics, the absolute worst case scenario is 3 of each case, hoping we can use a holdall or something but I do like the option of lots of space for my shopping!

Chips also get me out there, I've been disappointed several times when it's slipped my mind!

Only once have I ever used the belts to the terminal building, it takes FOREVER, and ruined 2 cases!

There is just the two of us at the moment, sometimes with 4 large cases. I can get all 4 up the escalator on my own, they are all the 4 wheeled type with an extendable handle. My wife takes our hand luggage cases up.

If we had a stroller to deal with too I think we'd convert to large backpack hand luggage, and drop large cases down to three, baby in car seat (in stroller frame), and carrycot in place of the 4th case!

We don't live too far from Gatwick so thinking about twilight check in to get rid of some.

Just a note as you said you are doing twilight check in to get rid of SOME of your luggage. Im sure if you do this you have to check all your luggage in at this stage so wont be able to check anything else in the following morning. Im assuming you will still be able to gate check your pram though its worth asking.
You might have already known this but it was just the way you worded it.

As you say you live close to Gatwick Im assuming you are just travelling from home that morning however if you are staying over at the airport its worth remembering that everything you have left will have to be taken in hand luggage and be able to be taken through security.

How old will your little one be? Are you talking about an actual pram or a stroller?

You forget how many odd words we use, probably explains why the Americans look at me like I've grown a second head whenever I open my mouth :rotfl2:

No it's because all evil guys in Hollywood films have an English accent. They probably think you're the devil or a Lannister.

We have always used the 2nd bag drop. Too many bags, too few hands. Yes it does take some time for the cases to arrive, they have never arrived damaged tho.....

This year should be our first time of not using the 2nd bag drop as we are hoping our two kids are now old (strong!) enough to manage their own cases - fingers crossed!

A Small World - Sorry, that was my bad wording. We'd drop off all our checked cases at twighlight check in and then drive back home for the night. He'll be 18 months when we go. Intention is to take a stroller but after a trip to Toys R Us at the weekend it appears mine and my husbands definition of "lightweight stroller" differ greatly...

Zavandor :rotfl2:

Alibeau Good luck! Hope they manage it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!