More CRT ADR's released if Signature Celebrations don't sell out?

mmsportsmom

Mouseketeer
I was online prior to and started at exactly 6:00am to make ADR's for my may trip. I am planning for a group of 8 family members. I checked CRT for three different dates during our trip and could only get 8:15pm on all three days. I booked but we will have a 2 year old and an 84 year old with us, 8:15 will be late for both of them. When I look at the Signature Celebration it is available. I assume since Prince Charming is there, they won't release any tables for regular ADR's during this time if they don't sell out the Signature Celebrations but wondered what everyone else thought.

I am considering suggesting we do breakfast at CRT (I hate to pay that much $$$ for breakfast and we are on the dining plan so we would have another dinner out of pocket) or Akershus in Epcot.

If your main goal is to get your group a meal inside the castle, I would just take the breakfast since it's available, so that you can get on with the rest of your planning. Yes, it's $$ for breakfast, but it's $$ for any meal. The real draw is being inside the castle. The food isn't great and I dare say that breakfast at least serves the purpose of breakfast, whereas dinner always leaves us needing second dinner. So, value wise, it's just not a value, it's an experience. Enjoy!

Are you trying to dine with Princesses or dine in the Castle? The reason I ask is that given a choice between CRT and Akershus, I would choose Akershus every time. My favorite meal there is breakfast. It is a good use of a TS credit if you are on the DDP, and it is less expensive than CRT if not. CIndy is there, but Belle is as well, and I believe this is the ony restaurnt you can meet her.

If you want CRT I would book breakfast if it is available, and switch if a different meals comes available. My preference there is lunch.

I suspect they are holding back regular dinner ADRs. I posted a thread about the system glitching and my friend booking a regular CRT ADR for something that turned out to be part of the Signature Celebration. Everything in the system looks like a normal CRT ADR, but she received calls and emails telling her an error occurred and they needed to cancel it since it's not what she's paid for. A special CM assisted her and magically found a dinner spot for a party of 6, for the same night...just about 20 min later. We were digging around on the website just before her call and there was nothing...for any dinner time slot...for any party size. So, my guess is they are holding back slots waiting to see how much of the Signature Celebration stuff books up. I'm not sure how long you want to wait, but you might as well try to snag a lunch or breakfast as a backup plan if dining in the castle is a must.

The earliest opening to move the ADR would be 7pm. The signature celebration package is reserved for the earlier dinner slots. I just had this issue when planning my trip. I had a 7pm and was not able to modify it to earlier, but when I checked under the celebration package there were earlier dinner spots available. With a 7pm reservation we were at the table around 7:15 and rushed out an hour later. While it was an experience and my daughter was over the moon with all of the princesses, I felt they hurried us out the door (especially for the cost of it).
You could try to book an Akershus PPO and then be first in line for FEA or the Anna n Elsa meet n greet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter