More big news from the Orlando Sentinel: Disney revives local discount

Mop

Mouseketeer
Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but it looks like this hasn't been posted either. Wasn't there a big stir when Disney cancelled this plan last year? Well, it's back...

Some Florida residents have complained during the recent tourism slump that they would gladly give theme parks more business if there were more discounts for locals.

Well, here's one that Walt Disney World has offered at times in the past and revived on Sunday.It's called "Disney's Play 4 Days." For $99 plus tax, Florida residents get admission to any and all of the attraction's four theme parks on any four days until the promotion ends on June 7. There is a block-out period during the traditional spring break for students when the passes aren't valid: March 23 to April 4. Proof of residency is required for adults.

The regular one-day ticket price for adults is $48 plus tax, and $38 for children, ages 3 to 9.

Thanks,
Mop

I hate these play-4-days passes. They should go back to the deal they had before where you would get unlimited admission for 3 or 4 months for $99. It's nice to be able to go to a park for just a few hours without having to worry about getting your moneys worth and without having to buy an annual pass.

Hmmmm....

Regular price- 4x$48 = $196
Discounted price- $99

Savings of $97 plus tax.

Sounds like a good deal to me. Clearly they are targeting Florida residents who are on vacation. If you fall into that group, its a big savings. If not, you're no worse off than the rest of us non-Florida residents.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
It is a good deal for most Florida residents, however since we live within an hour of the parks we prefer short visits. I usually like to get there late in the afternoon, stay for a couple hours, have dinner and go home.

There's always the Seasonal Pass. You get over 200 days for $180.

I know...we'll probably do the seasonals next year. It would be nice though if we could still get about 80 days for $99!

Does anyone know if the Florida deals are available for the "snowbirds"? I would understand if they are not as that is not actual residency. My parents go to Tampa for 2-3 monthes of winter (lucky them:D ). I am sure they would love to take advantage of the 4 day special.

Proof of Florida residency is required.

They are doing something different with these passes however (and for last year's 4 day passes). You can now put the full purchase price of those passes towards an annual pass (including the seasonal). The only catch is the start date for the pass is the 1st day used for the 4 day pass. Still, someone like my sister who got a ticket in September (or whenever the passes were first used) can now get a Seasonal pass for $79. Now that's a deal - maybe what you are looking for johare. For more info, go to their website.

Originally posted by johare
It is a good deal for most Florida residents, however since we live within an hour of the parks we prefer short visits. I usually like to get there late in the afternoon, stay for a couple hours, have dinner and go home.

I don't know if you know about this, but there is a AP for entry into Epcot after 4. I'm not really sure about the price, but I heard you do get discounts for dinning.

They don't sound like a really good deal if you consider the Seasonal pass is $180 for 176 more chances to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter