Moonlight Magic / Ticket / FP question

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
If going to a Moonlight Magic event, entering at 6 pm without separate park admission, but have tickets linked to MDE......

I can obviously book FP selections, but will I be able to use them without activating my park ticket?

(We do not want to activate our APs for this trip but we have those plus single day tickets in our account. We are not planning on regular park admission the day of the party.)

Thanks!

If you don't plan to use a ticket for entry, don't attempt to use FP for that day. Disney is locking MDE accounts now for those who do that.

If you don't plan to use a ticket for entry, don't attempt to use FP for that day. Disney is locking MDE accounts now for those who do that.
:scared1:
Thank you so much!!!!
Had no idea! I'm really not looking forward to re-learning all the fastpass crap. I don't think I had a good handle on it for our last trip and I'm sure stuff has changed in nearly 2 years. Ugh.

Edit - It took me a good 15 minutes to figure out why this would be a problem since I'd be legitimately in the park. Got it now.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a question that is connected to this topic....we are arriving at 8pm to MCO on a moonlight magic night at AK! Will we be able to enter the park late with our tickets for Moonlight Magic?
I thought I would ask here first before asking member services.
Thanks in advance

Hi, I have a question that is connected to this topic....we are arriving at 8pm to MCO on a moonlight magic night at AK! Will we be able to enter the park late with our tickets for Moonlight Magic?
Thanks in advance

I don't know why you wouldn't. You won't have the full party time (esp. if you have to ride ME to your resort and then to the park), but that is up to you.

Thanks in advance
I would ask Member Services where they would have bracelets at the time you expect to get there. It is not like you have a ticket, you need to get admission media.

Thank you so much Bobbiwoz and ktate82, we just didn't want to take a spot from anyone if we couldn't get in. The reviews of the party from last year are making it very hard to wait! This is our first Moonlight Magic and we are bringing DD's Friend for her first ever visit to the world.
Thanks again and I will ask MS too!

:scared1:
Thank you so much!!!!
Had no idea! I'm really not looking forward to re-learning all the fastpass crap. I don't think I had a good handle on it for our last trip and I'm sure stuff has changed in nearly 2 years. Ugh.

Edit - It took me a good 15 minutes to figure out why this would be a problem since I'd be legitimately in the park. Got it now.

I went to the Epcot event last month. We had AP's but were not in Epcot that day. I booked Soarin fastpasses for 8:00 (before the event). We got our wristbands at Boardwalk. When we approached the International Gateway, we told them that we needed to scan our AP's because we had fastpasses, a cm had a handheld scanner at the DVC entrance so we didn't have a problem.

Do you get a special wrist band and not use your magic band for Moonlight Magic?
Yes you get a wrist band for the party. If you are in the park already, you can get them in the park. You can get them outside the park. You can also get them at most resorts.

When I went to Midnight Magic at Epcot in December, my FastPass entries worked. I have a ticket linked to the Magic Band. An antique 10 entry non-expiring ticket!
Maybe as punishment, I got on Frozen with a FastPass, the ride broke down (a CM told me it breaks down constantly) and I almost missed the Midnight Magic fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter