Moonlight Magic - family of five

torontominnie

Mouseketeer
Good morning everyone! I managed to mess up and didn't get a room reservation in time to have my party number in the DVC ticket system. We are a family of five and were blessed to get tickets to the April 23 MK Moonlight Magic event. Obviously, since I registered without a recognized room reservation, I could only get 4 tickets. I wondered if anyone has any experience with calling MS to try and get an extra ticket? Or any strategy that might be workable? If it comes down to it, I will likely just have to sit out the event, but it would be wonderful if there were a way for us all to attend. TIA!

We had luck day of getting 3 extra tickets. I think they sometimes have people cancelling and if you just need one more if you ask they MIGHT give you an armband anyways. That’s what they did for us as we had an extra 3 people tag along unexpectedly. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

You're right, we are going on the 28th (and I apparently need to more coffee!) I will certainly try to ask and hope they can take pity on us. I tried MS and they said a hard no. I just feel silly, since we are flying in for the event.

You're right, we are going on the 28th (and I apparently need to more coffee!) I will certainly try to ask and hope they can take pity on us. I tried MS and they said a hard no. I just feel silly, since we are flying in for the event.

You might get lucky that day as I can’t imagine nobody cancelling. The only drawback is you won’t know until day of the event.

I would definitely call and ask, you may have to speak to a supervisor, but since you have 5 people on your reservation they may be able to come up with another ticket. I had sort of the same situation with the Pandora preview a few years back and the castmember I spoke to and her supervisor worked it out for us in a positive manner.

I would definitely call and ask, you may have to speak to a supervisor, but since you have 5 people on your reservation they may be able to come up with another ticket. I had sort of the same situation with the Pandora preview a few years back and the castmember I spoke to and her supervisor worked it out for us in a positive manner.

It is a hard no with getting MM. Rules state everything needs to be in place 48 hours in advance. Once they pull the reservations that are eligible, anything after that doesn’t count.

It looks like there are still tickets for the 21st. I wondered if I booked a new reservation and then waited 48 hours and then got tickets (assuming there are still some) if that would work?

It looks like there are still tickets for the 21st. I wondered if I booked a new reservation and then waited 48 hours and then got tickets (assuming there are still some) if that would work?

I think it has to be 48 hours prior to the tickets opening up. But, now that we are in the open period, you may not need to wait. But, you wold have to cancel the old tickets.

Given that there are tickets, maybe I’d book the room with 5, and then call, maybe they will let you register for 5 since we are no longer in the advance days.

Thanks, maybe since it isn’t the opening day they will be more willing. I tried to get them to allow the five with the existing reservation but had no luck. I did however manage to move the date to April 21st which is better for the flights. If anyone happens to have an extra ticket for the 21st it would certainly be appreciated!

Actually does anyone know if a reservation at the swan counts as on property? I didn’t think so but it is showing in the reservation tool?

Actually does anyone know if a reservation at the swan counts as on property? I didn’t think so but it is showing in the reservation tool?
Swan & Dolphin are not included. But it's moot: you still needed to have the resort reservation in place by 1/6 to qualify for a party size equivalent to that resort reservation. At this point, you are limited to 4 people, unless you are able to snag an extra the day of event. good luck!!

Thanks! It's a good lesson in remembering to be sure everything is linked properly. I'm really hoping I'll get lucky with finding someone with an extra ticket or by asking nicely at the gate!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!