Moonlight Magic Details Magic Kingdom

Do you need a park ticket to attend?
Those registered for the event can enter the MK beginning at 6 pm using JUST the special event wristband. To enter prior to 6 pm, regular park admission is required.

Also, what about guests that you are travelling with that aren't DVC. If I'm staying at DVC then, can I bring someone, or do I need to pay?
Members can bring guests and admission for them is free (beginning at 6 pm). There are different caps on the number of spots you can reserve based on staying either on-site or off-site.

Can someone tell me if two cars can park for free? Just realized that we can not all fit in my car. Not staying on property and my mom wants to meet us there.

Any idea what's happening between 8 (park close) and 9(party begins)? Sorry if this has been discussed, we are here now and haven't been on the Dis.

I'm guessing other food places are open to be able to order and pay if you want? Or only the "free" stuff.

I'm guessing other food places are open to be able to order and pay if you want? Or only the "free" stuff.
You would have to buy anything from the other food places before the parks closes. After all then non-attendees have left the park @9 they bring out/open up the places for the free food.

Any idea what's happening between 8 (park close) and 9(party begins)? Sorry if this has been discussed, we are here now and haven't been on the Dis.
CMs are removing all day the guests who do not have bands on. Setting up for the evening. The rides remain open during this time frame.

You would have to buy anything from the other food places before the parks closes. After all then non-attendees have left the park @9 they bring out/open up the places for the free food.

CMs are removing all day the guests who do not have bands on. Setting up for the evening. The rides remain open during this time frame.

The did start handing out the Mickey bars by 8:30pm

Last night was completely amazing. Crowds seemed lower than last years MK ones. We did so much and could have done a bit more had my daughter wanted to and wasn't insisting on riding pirates :)
Yes, we had the same experience. We did nine rides, ate at CHH and Pecos Bills, had ice cream, and sat down 35 minutes early to get a prime spot for the fireworks (which was not needed because we could have walked up at the last minute and gotten a great spot).
After the fireworks (which were awesome) we were able to do Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion before the park closed.

Last edited:
One note about the fireworks, don’t sit too close to the castle. We were up front, beautiful view of the castle, but most of the fireworks were actually behind the castle and blocked by the castle. This was a typical view for us, keep in mind that there were about ten fireworks going off in this shot, but we could only see one:
URL][\img]

https://imgur.com/a/lho0j

lho0j

How were the lines to meet the characters? What characters do you think will have the longest waits?

How were the lines to meet the characters? What characters do you think will have the longest waits?
Early in the evening the lines for the more rare characters were really long. I’m not sure how long the wait was because they were too long for us. However after the fireworks we went and saw the hyenas and were maybe fifth in line. Could have fit in the hippos and ostrich too if we had been willing to sprint. We did get a picture with Herbie the Love Bug who was over next to the Tomorrowland Raceway. He had no line because none of the kids knew who he was!

Last edited:
Early in the evening the lines for the more rare characters were really long. I’m not sure how long the wait was because they were too long for us. However after the fireworks we went and saw the hyenas and were maybe fifth in line. Could have fit in the hippos and ostrich too if we had been willing to sprint. We did get a picture with Herbie the Love Bug who was over next to the Tomorrowland Raceway. He had no line because none of the kids knew who he was!

We are looking to meet the Robin Hood crew, Marie, and Oogie Boogie.

I was thinking of registering for the one in Feb (it seems like it's not booked up?) but I really want to do the one for AK since all my family will be in Florida then. Just to confirm, you can do 1 at each park, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!