Moonlight Magic @ DCA on 11/15!!

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
After what felt like harrowing attempts to register, it finally worked for me.

A few questions:
How do they manage the crowd, as in, those with the event wristbands and those already in the park?
I know we get early access at 6:30 but what happens at 9pm when it's supposed to be DVC folks only?

Any input from those who have attended in the past is greatly appreciated!

After what felt like harrowing attempts to register, it finally worked for me.

A few questions:
How do they manage the crowd, as in, those with the event wristbands and those already in the park?
I know we get early access at 6:30 but what happens at 9pm when it's supposed to be DVC folks only?

Any input from those who have attended in the past is greatly appreciated!
If I remember correctly from last year it’s like the Halloween party where you have to show your wristband to access rides etc once the party starts.

Yup, like the parties, they'll set up lines of CMs where you can't pass without showing the wristband, and you can't get in line for a ride without showing the wristband.

For entry there will be a certain number of turnstiles dedicated to those checking in for the party. Last year when we checked in around 8:15 we were in line for almost 20 minutes to check in just for reference.

What about if you are in California Adventure already that day? Do you have to leave and come back in, or is there a place in the park you can get your wristband?

If it's anything like other parties, there are people stationed within the park, and can give you a wristband. You won't need to exit the park completely only to turn around and go back in. I surely hope this is the case for this party!

If it's anything like other parties, there are people stationed within the park, and can give you a wristband. You won't need to exit the park completely only to turn around and go back in. I surely hope this is the case for this party!
Thank you!! :-) Me too!

I too was nervous about registering for Moonlight Magic after waiting an hour while having three devices going but lucky for me I was able to register. Anyway, I remember that last year DVC members and their guest where lining outside of the parks in front of several dedicated turnstiles waiting for them to open (the lines stretched all the way from DLR to DCA. While I don't remember seeing cast members or stations inside the park for checking in to get wristbands I had to go outside of the parks to meet my friends (who where late) since I was the DVC member I had to be with them to check in. I'm looking forward to this years MM event.

Last edited:
Curious if you all can give me an idea of how crowds would be on the day of Moonlight Magic. It's during my upcoming trip, and none of us are DVC Members, so it sounds like we'll be hopping over to Disneyland at 9 pm? How does an event like this affect crowd levels at DCA? Like will it be crowded all day and we should just avoid DCA that day? We have 4 day park hoppers, so I'm not worried about trying to cram something in that day. Just curious how I should be thinking about planning our days.

Curious if you all can give me an idea of how crowds would be on the day of Moonlight Magic. It's during my upcoming trip, and none of us are DVC Members, so it sounds like we'll be hopping over to Disneyland at 9 pm? How does an event like this affect crowd levels at DCA? Like will it be crowded all day and we should just avoid DCA that day? We have 4 day park hoppers, so I'm not worried about trying to cram something in that day. Just curious how I should be thinking about planning our days.

DCA shouldn't be crowded all day since the Moonlight event doesn't start officially until 7PM (if you already have a park pass) but it seemed like the majority of the people didn't have a pass and had to wait until 9PM to be let into the park. I would say if you are at DCA in the morning you can have a good day and then head over to Disneyland later.

DCA shouldn't be crowded all day since the Moonlight event doesn't start officially until 7PM (if you already have a park pass) but it seemed like the majority of the people didn't have a pass and had to wait until 9PM to be let into the park. I would say if you are at DCA in the morning you can have a good day and then head over to Disneyland later.
Entry at DCA starts at 7pm for those without day tickets.

Entry at DCA starts at 7pm for those without day tickets.
Incorrect. The instructions I have state "While the event begins at 9PM attendees may enter the park as early as 6:30PM but would require a paid theme park admission."

Incorrect. The instructions I have state "While the event begins at 9PM attendees may enter the park as early as 6:30PM but would require a paid theme park admission."

I received this email on November 13th:

CF06469B-64A7-46D2-87A9-06FED6263A60.jpeg
Attendees with a valid ticket/AP were able to enter at 8am this morning when both parks officially opened.

Hello Dis Boards! Today I am here with my family and family friends on a big Disney trip. I am coming home from college for this trip and am super excited to spend it in Disney. I have been coming to Disneyland since I was a little girl and my family is part of DVC. Unfortunately, we are short JUST ONE ticket for the party tonight and we all are desperately looking for JUST ONE MORE!!! I literally created this account just to search for one more ticket for this party so we can. all have a great time as a big family. If anyone has one extra ticket my family and I would be so extremely grateful. We are staying at the Grand Californian and will likely check in there, but we will do what ever we need in order to make it easier to get the extra ticker (go in together and such). Again, thank you all so much in advance and I wish everyone a magical time at the party tonight for whoever is going!!!

Hello Dis Boards! Today I am here with my family and family friends on a big Disney trip. I am coming home from college for this trip and am super excited to spend it in Disney. I have been coming to Disneyland since I was a little girl and my family is part of DVC. Unfortunately, we are short JUST ONE ticket for the party tonight and we all are desperately looking for JUST ONE MORE!!! I literally created this account just to search for one more ticket for this party so we can. all have a great time as a big family. If anyone has one extra ticket my family and I would be so extremely grateful. We are staying at the Grand Californian and will likely check in there, but we will do what ever we need in order to make it easier to get the extra ticker (go in together and such). Again, thank you all so much in advance and I wish everyone a magical time at the party tonight for whoever is going!!!

I have an extra ticket for tonight and would be happy to help out! I'll be at DL in about an hour or so, the rest of my party (non-APs, need to wait for the event to start) should be arriving around 6:30ish or so and you could join us to get into the party. Since I didn't see a way to message you here on the board feel free to e-mail me and we can exchange phone numbers to make plans to meet, my e-mail address is (my username)_at_gmail.com.

I have an extra ticket for tonight and would be happy to help out! I'll be at DL in about an hour or so, the rest of my party (non-APs, need to wait for the event to start) should be arriving around 6:30ish or so and you could join us to get into the party. Since I didn't see a way to message you here on the board feel free to e-mail me and we can exchange phone numbers to make plans to meet, my e-mail address is (my username)_at_gmail.com.
Thank you!!! I sent you an email!!

Parking is awful to start off the night. They shouldn’t have scheduled the parade taping for today with this party having been scheduled for tonight almost a year ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter