Moonlight Magic Booking: worst experience ever!

If the Midnight Magic is going to “sellout” during the reserved booking then you would think that they would release dates for the events as far out as the 11/7 month DVC booking windows. It’s almost as if they set up these events based on what date holes need to be filled.

Yup agree.

One step further. How about a lottery system? You sign up for the ONE event per year you actually want and your membership number goes into a lottery.
All these ideas are great but the one I want the most is for their system to work. I’m fine with logging into a queue at 9 AM and waiting to see if tickets are left when it’s my turn... I’m just not okay with waiting then being unable to get the tickets because for some reason it doesn’t show I have a reservation. Customer relations knows this is a problem yet they either don’t care or are powerless to do anything.

I’ll be even more angry if I see non DVC Youtubers posting themselves at these events

All these ideas are great but the one I want the most is for their system to work. I’m fine with logging into a queue at 9 AM and waiting to see if tickets are left when it’s my turn... I’m just not okay with waiting then being unable to get the tickets because for some reason it doesn’t show I have a reservation. Customer relations knows this is a problem yet they either don’t care or are powerless to do anything.

I’ll be even more angry if I see non DVC Youtubers posting themselves at these events
oh I'm sure there will be plenty of non DVC youtubers posting. There always is.

That would work. Disney needs to start setting clear expectations for any of these things. Similar to the ongoing debacle over the upgraded Magic Bands, the lack of communication from Disney lately is concerning. Things happen, I think we all know that. Limited events are limited and luck and maybe even pixie dust are needed to get into some of these events. But communicate to people. They had to know if they took off a "reservation" box on the window some reservations may not be found. Let people know the steps they need to make sure they have linked cash reservation to a DVC member number if that is needed. Or as CarolMN mentioned, just limit the audience to those who are eligible and communicate that. Make it only one event per year, that would make this so much easier, especially for the first release. You can do more than one a year, maybe, if you get in on the 2nd release of spots in any given event.

I really don't think it's the lack of spots for these events or even the Queue-it pages that are the problem. It's the communication that is missing. Did I miss something, did Disney end up out-sourcing their public relations and communications departments lately, like they did a few years back for IT?
What are upgraded magic bands?

This is weird because we are out of points from borrowing for our last big trip this spring so we booked a cash reservation through a travel agent for August. Did not call and link it to DVC. Logged on a few minutes before and figured I’d give it a shot, not sure if it would know I had a reservation. When it was my turn, I put in my member ID and it showed the date that I qualified for and it was booked. I still have no idea how they knew I had that reservation

This is weird because we are out of points from borrowing for our last big trip this spring so we booked a cash reservation through a travel agent for August. Did not call and link it to DVC. Logged on a few minutes before and figured I’d give it a shot, not sure if it would know I had a reservation. When it was my turn, I put in my member ID and it showed the date that I qualified for and it was booked. I still have no idea how they knew I had that reservation
that's what should happen. If your Disney account is linked to your DVC account then it should automatically show up. That just didn't happen for a bunch of people unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter