Moonlight Magic Booking: worst experience ever!

Regretfully speaking to a supervisor is just a waste of time. The wait today was over 2 hours and one point to talk to one and here is a little inside info, nothing can be done. Don’t wait 2 hours to have someone tell you they are happy to take your feedback and to try during open registration. For those that got in congrats! The rest of us will have to try next time.

Don’t give up yet! I agree; the resort verification was whack, but it’s not over. We still have next Wednesday :goodvibes
According to a DVC customer service rep and customer service Supervisor the only tickets available next Wednesday are cancelations from today

If they want it for those staying on points they need to say that and not let those with cash reservations register. Furthermore they need to then not open it up to everyone.

Do try again. I have been able to get MM twice now while staying off property. Hopefully you'll be able to next Wednesday.
Also they need to clearly state in BOLD “Our system sucks and even if you link cash stays using my Disney Experience app and website you should still call way beforehand to make sure it will let you book”

Regretfully speaking to a supervisor is just a waste of time. The wait today was over 2 hours and one point to talk to one and here is a little inside info, nothing can be done. Don’t wait 2 hours to have someone tell you they are happy to take your feedback and to try during open registration. For those that got in congrats! The rest of us will have to try next time.
I wish I had read this before being on hold twice (once for 3.5 hours once for an hour). When I finally did talk to Supervisor I was eventually told that they can do something, like force tickets, but my case didn’t qualify.

I wish I had read this before being on hold twice (once for 3.5 hours once for an hour). When I finally did talk to Supervisor I was eventually told that they can do something, like force tickets, but my case didn’t qualify.
Sorry that happened! The thing with DVC is though you may speak with a “supervisor” they have very little power. It’s basically like speaking with a more senior agent. They can force tickets but it’s limited to just a handful and under extreme circumstances.

This is why I keep telling prospective buyers not to weigh MM in a buying decision. It is by no means assured even if you will be on site. They also keep expanding how many they let in, and at DHS and Epcot it means lines.
At the rate they keep taking away perks or modifying them the extra benefits are just going to be a non-factor. Paying as much as we do we shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to give them more of our money.

They should tell the reps to tell us that and not imply that the supervisors can do something. It’s also pretty messed up that the supervisor told me that even though it’s a problem on Disney’s end it’s not extreme enough for them to make right.

At the rate they keep taking away perks or modifying them the extra benefits are just going to be a non-factor. Paying as much as we do we shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to give them more of our money.
MM is not actually for you.

MM is something they do to use as a sales tool for new buyers. Once you are signed and at 11 days... Well. They made their profit on your points.

Sorry that happened! The thing with DVC is though you may speak with a “supervisor” they have very little power. It’s basically like speaking with a more senior agent. They can force tickets but it’s limited to just a handful and under extreme circumstances.
I would love to know what quantifies extreme circumstances. I would think waiting in queue for an hour, then getting kicked because their system sucks, and also being forced to hold for hours would be extreme.

I would love to know what quantifies extreme circumstances. I would think waiting in queue for an hour, then getting kicked because their system sucks, and also being forced to hold for hours would be extreme.
Maybe if you told them you were going to do a utube video. They love giving free stuff to those people. That would probably qualify as “extreme.”

DVC should limit members to one event a year and allow you to bring people on your reservation. This would create room at events for other members. There are 3 members on our contract, so we could all bring 3 guest. That takes up 12 spots, but we all travel together and have only 4 in the party. Why give us 66% more than we need to give away to people not staying there.

DVC should limit members to one event a year and allow you to bring people on your reservation. This would create room at events for other members. There are 3 members on our contract, so we could all bring 3 guest. That takes up 12 spots, but we all travel together and have only 4 in the party. Why give us 66% more than we need to give away to people not staying there.
I believe what you are saying is exactly how it works, except for the one event per year. So for those staying on points it’s all the people on all reservations using your points. Those staying on cash it’s those in the same room as a member. And finally those staying offsite (as MS told me) it’s up to 4 per membership (no matter the number of members) including at least one eligible member. The website is a bit confusing on the limits for those staying offsite but I’m fairly certain that each member listed doesn’t get to book as the system just checks membership #’s.

Checked this morning and was sold out within 8 minutes...

Easiest thing for them to do would be to limit attendance to those staying on site at a DVC resort on a reservation booked by MS. (so no RCI, no cash or points reservations booked for other Disney resorts). Guests would be limited to those actually staying with the Member or in another villa booked on that Member's points for the same time.

That's easier to program and explain, would still fill up the events and eliminate the upset Members that were missed due to non-DVC stays. They could also continue to limit attendance to one park event per year or even limit to one per year.

Not necessarily advocating that, but it must be a huge pain for MS to have to deal with all the upset Members who couldn't book due to system issues. I look for more changes in booking the MM events or possibly not offering them in the future. Also possible DVD will come up with something else.

Last edited:
Easiest thing for them to do would be to limit attendance to those staying on site at a DVC resort on a reservation booked by MS. (so no RCI, no cash or points reservations booked for other Disney resorts). Guests would be limited to those actually staying with the Member or in another villa booked on that Member's points for the same time.

I agree with this. That would allow so many more to attend.

That would work. Disney needs to start setting clear expectations for any of these things. Similar to the ongoing debacle over the upgraded Magic Bands, the lack of communication from Disney lately is concerning. Things happen, I think we all know that. Limited events are limited and luck and maybe even pixie dust are needed to get into some of these events. But communicate to people. They had to know if they took off a "reservation" box on the window some reservations may not be found. Let people know the steps they need to make sure they have linked cash reservation to a DVC member number if that is needed. Or as CarolMN mentioned, just limit the audience to those who are eligible and communicate that. Make it only one event per year, that would make this so much easier, especially for the first release. You can do more than one a year, maybe, if you get in on the 2nd release of spots in any given event.

I really don't think it's the lack of spots for these events or even the Queue-it pages that are the problem. It's the communication that is missing. Did I miss something, did Disney end up out-sourcing their public relations and communications departments lately, like they did a few years back for IT?

Yup agree.

One step further. How about a lottery system? You sign up for the ONE event per year you actually want and your membership number goes into a lottery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!