Month-Long Lag on the App???

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi there! I linked our MDE account to a friend's account in order to reassign some tickets to them. When that was all set, I decided to unlink our accounts. The reason I wanted to unlink them was because we were not planning a trip together and every time I logged into the app and clicked on "all plans" it was so confusing! They have two trips planned and we have one upcoming trip. The "all plans" link was a gnarly mess showing all three trips. Our trips are overlapping...adding to the confusion.

Anyway, I unlinked them on the MDE website using my laptop. No problems...everything went smoothly and all of their plans dropped off my account.

However...

I went into the app and their plans are still showing. I gave it 24 hours and then called tech support. They said that the app sometimes takes up to a MONTH to update and that I really shouldn't be using the app except when I'm in the parks. Seriously? Is that true?

My fast pass day is tomorrow and I wanted to get this cleaned up before it gets any messier. But, they said to wait until mid December to call back if their plans are still on my app.

I dig log out of the app and back in a number of times. Any other recommendations? Should I uninstall it and reinstall it?

I like to use the app before my trip to rearrange plans etc. I was surprised when he told me to stay out of it.:rotfl:

I reinstalled and...

It worked!!

@GADisneyDad14 you are cordially invited to apply for a job at Disney IT. No need to send a resume...just a copy of this thread will suffice :)

Seriously, I'm surprised the CM didn't tell me to try reinstalling the app rather than waiting a whole month. Good thing that us DIS folks are wicked smart.

I reinstalled and...

It worked!!

@GADisneyDad14 you are cordially invited to apply for a job at Disney IT. No need to send a resume...just a copy of this thread will suffice :)

Seriously, I'm surprised the CM didn't tell me to try reinstalling the app rather than waiting a whole month. Good thing that us DIS folks are wicked smart.

Ha! Well, glad it worked.. but NO THANKS on the Disney IT job. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter