Monte Cristo sandwiches??

Great! Now I'm craving a Monte Cristo sandwich!! I was hoping someone would be able to find one at WDW since we will be there next week. Oh well..............

Christine
::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

I had the MC at Blue Bayou just a couple of months ago...yummy:earsboy:

http://www.jungle-jims.com/

cmcvean: For now, there's not a single restaurant inside WDW that serves this tasty concotion. However, if you are staying inside WDW and would still like to try the MC, click on the link at the top for Jungle Jim's Restaurant.

It is located at Crossroads at Lake Buena Vista, just across the street from the Buena Vista entrance of WDW. If you have a car, then this is the way to go. Otherwise you would need to take a taxi as no Disney World buses go there.

It is located two miles from Downtown Disney, and is a 2-mile walk from there. The link will help you.

Don't look at the menu too hard or you'll really will want a MC sandwich so bad you might have to make one. :teeth: :hyper:

I hope this helps.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping1: :jumping2: :jumping4: :jumping3: ::MickeyMo :earsboy:

william5419: Thanks for the info!! Well, I did notice that quite a few resturants have my other all time favorite "Ruben", this might just have to do!!!

Although, if I'm ever at a Bennigans I'm going to have one!!

Take care,
Christine
::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

I'll be dining at Blue Bayou in 3 weeks! I always have a salad and DH has the clam chowder and then we split a Monte Cristo. They are good, but they are sooo heavy, we can't eat a whole one ourselves without feeling sick!

Bbgrizzle:

They are indeed heavy.

To paraphrase the old Lay's potato chip commercial (when it says that nobody can have just one Lay's potato chip): You can only have just one Monte Cristo sandwich a year. :hyper:

Go easy on the two C's: calories and cholesterol.

:earseek: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :tongue: :wave: :earsboy:

Hey guys, just in case anyone wants to try this at home, I waitress at a small family restaurant and this is how we make our Monte Cristos:
Dip 2 slices Texas Toast into milk/egg/vanilla extract mixture
Place on grill
Immediately sprinkle cinnamon on side facing up
Meanwhile: grill 2 slices ham and 2 slices turkey breast till hot
add 2 slices swiss cheese, grill until cheese is melted.(may have to grill under some sort of lid to allow cheese to melt quicker)
When French Toast is done, remove from grill and add turkey/ham/swiss combo to one slice of toast, add remaining slice of French Toast and cut in half diagonally.
Serve with maple syrup.I
I have never had one of these until I began working here, and they are really good! The syrup blends well with the french toast, and actually accents the meat, cheese blend on the inside.
If you have a large frying pan or grill, this could easily be done at home!!

LU :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter