Monte Cristo Sandwich Question

Olaf

DIS Cast Member
Have any of you ever made this sandwich up from the recipe that was in the Disney Magazine awhile back? I'm finding the instructions a little confusing. It says to dip half of the sandwich and then fry and then dip again. Help.

We haven't used that particular recipe, but DH used to make them all the time. He cut the sandwich in half, kept it together with toothpicks, then dipped each half and deep-fried them. They were sooooooo good. The Blue Bayou at DL was the reason we got a deep fryer to make Monte Cristos.

Here are the instructions I have on my website:

Heat about 6-inches of oil to 340F in a fryer. Dip sandwiches in batter to cover all surfaces. Deep fry sandwiches until golden brown, turning as needed. Remove from oil, take out toothpicks, sprinkle sandwiches with confectioners' sugar. Serve with currant jelly sauce.

Yep I've always done it the way Maleificent mentions....cut the sandwhich in half or even in quarters and use a toothpick to hold together

Well I tried some of your suggestions. I'm afraid I didn't have the batter quite right. I've never had the "real" thing, so I'm not sure what they're supposed to look like/taste like. The batter was really thick. DH liked them, but DS wasn't so thrilled. I need to work on this one.

Thanks,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter