Monorails - Year of a Million Dreams Overlay???

Eh... must say I'm not a fan of the new overlay either. I like the monorails plain, or with minimal decorations added to them, like during the HCoE with the window decals. Then again, I am a WDW purist/traditionalist/whatever you want to call me. ;)

Glad a lot of you seem to like the look, though! And thanks to those who posted pictures! :wizard:

Perhaps it's more impressive in person. I'll hold off final judgement until I see it for myself. However, from the pictures, I'm afraid my first impression was that it reminds me of a graffiti-covered subway car.

1.jpg

grumpymakesmehappy said:
Not crazy about the design but really could care less. As long as the monorail's running, I'm not complaining!!!:)

Could, or could'nt care less? :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

I think it looks kind of fun from the pictures -- maybe I need to go & personally inspect it? :goodvibes

I like the new monorail color splash. I only hope the merchandise department is smart and makes a commemorative die cast model of it for sale!

I really like the color and design for this years celebration. I think the decal on the monrail is fun and interesting. I love bright colors and swirlys. I didn't like what they did with the castle last year. I thought it looked out of place. I can see them doing something cool and interesting with this design concept though. However, I doubt we'll see it since they aren't putting anything on the castle for the rest of the year (we'll be there in December).

I'm a Big Fan of the new monorail, Big Big Fan!

The synergy between Transportation andArt/Design Imagineers was truly magical. Everyone checked their egos at the door on this one, believe you me!

Wow. I just got back yesterday and while I did see the new signs, I didn't see any of the monorails with the YoaMD decals on them. I only took the Epcot monorail (gold and purple stripes) so maybe they're only being used on certain ones and I missed them?

Looks fine to me. What's to complain about? I'm just not that picky, I guess. The year of the "birthday cake" castle, I hardly noticed.

eeh, they should have some all gold monorails during the 50th, now THAT would have been cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter