monorail

if I remember correctly there is a stop or 2 on resort line that you have to back off down the ramp so just be prepared

Backing down the ramp can be tricky - be sure to take your time, and go very slowly. NEVER TURN YOUR WHEELS UNTIL YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE COMPLETELY CLEAR OF THE RAMP. That's *very* important when dealing with *any* of the ramps you will encounter at WDW - whether they are connected to the buses, or are the portable ramps that we use to get on/off boats and the Monorails.

Cast Members will help you - just let them know that you are a new scooter driver, and that you need a pair of extra eyes to help. Don't get flustered or in a hurry - everyone will be glad to help you get on and off as quickly and safely as possible! :)

The other big thing to know is that the MK and TTC ramps to and from the platform are very steep. You will need to negotiate those carfully. In my manual chair, I prefer to take the path from the Contemporary rather than get off at MK.

When you get on, a CM asks where you're going and radios ahead to that station so they'll be ready to put the ramp down for you before you even get there.

Ideally.

One trip, CMs at every stop asked me where I was going. Except at GF, where I was going. If not for another guest in my car, I'd have had to go around yet another time.

Thank you for all your tips....much appreciated. I will be patient! Hopefully, so will those around me! Here is another goofy question.....has anyone used the canopy that comes as an accessory with BV? Seems like a good idea. Does it block the breeze (that may or may not be blowing)!?

Thank you for all your tips....much appreciated. I will be patient! Hopefully, so will those around me! Here is another goofy question.....has anyone used the canopy that comes as an accessory with BV? Seems like a good idea. Does it block the breeze (that may or may not be blowing)!?

It doesn't really block the breeze, but it also doesn't block the sun completely, except for maybe an hour or two out of the day. The rest of the time, the sun is not directly overhead, so you will always have some level of sun exposure/sunshine on you, and as a result, a certain amount of shade produced by the canopy is lost as well. I tried one once, years ago, and found it to be unwieldy, that it didn't produce near the shade I needed, and it blocked my peripheral vision, and made backing up very difficult. I don't recommend them.

Ideally.

One trip, CMs at every stop asked me where I was going. Except at GF, where I was going. If not for another guest in my car, I'd have had to go around yet another time.

Gah, that bites! I've had a few times when "the kindness of strangers" in the form of helpful guests saved the day; it sure makes up for the times when some other guests aren't so fun to be around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!