Monorail Vs Boat From Poly to MK

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
I have a few transportation questions I anticipation of my upcoming trip at the Poly next week. I see different info on different sites online.

1. What time does the monorail start running if MK opens at 8 am?
2. What time do the boats start leaving from the Poly for MK?
3. Is the monorail or boat faster [or preferable in any other way] from Poly to MK in the morning?

They in general start running 1 hour before maybe more. The Monorail is faster going and the Boat faster going back in general mainly due to the crowds if you are doing this after the morning rush or before the evening rush it is any ones guess as both have less frequency.

Boat is more relaxing and enjoyable.

Monorail will most always be faster (exception would be after fireworks, or otherwise where you have to wait for more than 1 monorail)..

I have a few transportation questions I anticipation of my upcoming trip at the Poly next week. I see different info on different sites online.

1. What time does the monorail start running if MK opens at 8 am?
2. What time do the boats start leaving from the Poly for MK?
3. Is the monorail or boat faster [or preferable in any other way] from Poly to MK in the morning?

1) You can find monorail hours on the weekly Times Guide. Pick one up when there just to confirm hours for your week, and here's a helpful link too: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Looking at this week, as a moment in time example, MK opens at 8am this Saturday and the monorail starts running at 7am. I went back and looked at the Times Guide for Easter week which had many 8am MK park openings and it also lists the MK monorail starting at 7am. So, a relatively consistent pattern.

2) Poly Boat - I've stayed at Poly more than any other resort and I couldn't tell you exactly when the boat will start running. The Times Guide and other Disney info will say "30 mins prior to park opening" but that can't be taken as hard fact. My general rule is if I see it out on the water or hear the toots, it's running. If I don't see any evidence, I steer clear first thing. Not to be cynical, but asking a CM might not be of much help as answers can be inconsistent.

3) We tend to default to the monorail when it's early, mainly because I can trust the published hours and barring mechanical delays or problems, it's a pretty quick/predictable mode of transportation. Boat is prettier/more peaceful. From Poly, the boat goes straight to MK (it will have already picked up at GF before getting to Poly). How long you'll wait for the boat can vary - if they only have one running and you just miss it, you'll be waiting awhile. If they have two running the loop, it'll be more reasonable.

For monorail, you go through security at the Poly monorail platform. For boat, you go through security when the boat docks at the MK boat dock.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter