Monorail traveling with door ajar...yikes!

Wow, the woman holding onto the pole must have used her super strength to twist the pole to open the door. Seriously, things like this are not good for the monorails future.

I think there was a story floating around that when Siemens was going to renew their sponsorship of Illuminations they wanted to supply Monorail cars instead of cash. They were turned down and thus ended their sponsorship in somewhat of a huff.

I really hope this video shames Disney into replacing these cars and upgrading this service. I hope they get huge fines and a lot of negative publicity. That's because it seems that this is the only way this once fine company will act to fix these rambling wrecks.

SHAME on DISNEY for allowing the monorails to fall into such disrepair! https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../monorail-chunk-falls...

~NM

I think there was a story floating around that when Siemens was going to renew their sponsorship of Illuminations they wanted to supply Monorail cars instead of cash. They were turned down and thus ended their sponsorship in somewhat of a huff.

I really hope this video shames Disney into replacing these cars and upgrading this service. I hope they get huge fines and a lot of negative publicity. That's because it seems that this is the only way this once fine company will act to fix these rambling wrecks.

SHAME on DISNEY for allowing the monorails to fall into such disrepair! https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../monorail-chunk-falls...

~NM

The Siemens thing wasn't real, just a rumor someone made up.

I'd have thought the cars would have had some sort of 'Deadman Switch' that killed the power if the doors failed to close. Guess not.

Bill From PA

They do. The sensor probably failed. If the train senses an open door then it should not move. There's no power cut.

Over on wdwnt in the comments for a similar post the woman who took the video said Monorail Red had been in the station and wouldn't start because the door wasn't closing properly. They had maintenance come out and fix the door to get it to close and the train left the station. Shortly afterwards the door opened on its own. The monorail crew had a fit when it pulled into the station that way. My guess is the sensor was faulty or maintenance tripped it off when fixing it.

The monorail crew had a fit when it pulled into the station that way. My guess is the sensor was faulty or maintenance tripped it off when fixing it.
Nevertheless, someone or multiple people are getting a not-so-magical chewing-out over this. Meanwhile, over at PR, there's a headache that's going viral.

On the other hand, we all know there was an announcement to "...Stand clear of the doors."
Maybe they should add "Seriously, stand clear of the doors, especially if you feel a draft."

On the other hand, we all know there was an announcement to "...Stand clear of the doors."
Maybe they should add "Seriously, stand clear of the doors, especially if you feel a draft."

Hahaha, seriously. I just can’t get over this whole thing. Nuts!

The monorails are just plain scary now. Actually a lot of what Disney does lately is plain scary! I just don't see any advantage to the monorail resorts- actually there is a definite disadvantage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter