Monorail Resort Crawl

rubysparkles

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I've never been a big fan of my birthday, so I decided to book myself a trip to Disney World so that I actually enjoy it this year. It's my favourite place to visit! I love visiting new places, but this is the one place I keep going back to. I'll be going solo. On my birthday I was planning on eating around the monorail resorts. I've not done that before, so was wondering if anyone could look over my plan and make some suggestions!

I was planning on doing 6 lounges at a leisurely pace. Three drinks and three courses. The order I was thinking was:

Outer Rim - Pre-dinner cocktail
Trader Sam's - Appetiser
Mizner's - Drink
California Grill - Main course
Tambu Lounge - Drink
Citrico's Lounge - Dessert

I've eaten in the main restaurant before at both California Grill and Citrico's but not the lounges. I've also had a drink at the Tiki Terrace of Trader Sam's but not the actual indoor part, which I've heard great things about.

I'll be going the Thursday before Thanksgiving and I know Galaxy's Edge might make the whole of WDW busier, but still hope this will be doable. Is there anything I should take into account? Is this a silly idea?

I've done this before and the order in which you do is your choice, there is no real right and wrong. I cannot comment on the food part that much as we were mainly there for the booze, but here is how we did it...

Outer Rim - 2 Drinks
California Grill Lounge - 2 Drinks and a cheese board.
Trader Sam's (Inside) - Spent like 2 hours here at the bar, how many drinks....? Alot? (This is my favorite bar on planet earth lol)
Mizner's Lounge - 1 drink here, not a big fan of GF.
The Wave - 2 drinks here then off to Disney springs for real food.

Have Fun!

This is so fun to do. All your choices look great, not sure you can go too wrong around the monorail.
A few things you might want to think about with your plan:
1. It looks like you're going round the circle twice. The monorail is fun transportation, but this will take a while. Which makes me worry that
2. You may hit California Grill at a later, busier time. Once the lounge is full, they won't let more people go up. The CF Lounge is usually easiest to get into either when they open or after fireworks.
3. Trader Sams can sometimes have a wait, too, but the outdoor area is typically fine if you can't wait.
Have so much fun!

We enjoy the Wave. Also, its an easy walk between Poly and GF to avoid the monorail. We have also grabbed drinks at the bar in the main area of the Poly. The name slips my mind.

Another option for another day is the Epcot resorts. All within walking distance and you can hit WS for dinner afterwards.

Trader Sam's (Inside) - Spent like 2 hours here at the bar, how many drinks....? Alot? (This is my favorite bar on planet earth lol)
I've never done Trader Sam's before, but have heard great things. This is a must do this trip. I'm also trying to not read too much about it so it can be a surprise. Thanks for the tips.

2. You may hit California Grill at a later, busier time. Once the lounge is full, they won't let more people go up. The CF Lounge is usually easiest to get into either when they open or after fireworks.
3. Trader Sams can sometimes have a wait, too, but the outdoor area is typically fine if you can't wait.
Hmmm, I'm thinking of switching the order and instead just eating apps at both CG and TS. I'll probably start at TS instead as there seems to be a wait for tables that starts even before it opens. Then go staight to CG. I think the whole resort will be busier than usual this fall, so ride the monorail less (do both lounges in each place at the same time) but not go in the order they are on the monorail. Like the Poly, then the Contemporary and finish at the Grand Floridian. Thanks for the tips.

We enjoy the Wave. Also, its an easy walk between Poly and GF to avoid the monorail. We have also grabbed drinks at the bar in the main area of the Poly. The name slips my mind.

Another option for another day is the Epcot resorts. All within walking distance and you can hit WS for dinner afterwards.

I want to go to those lounges too for dinners, but was thinking of using them as an escape/rest from Epcot and HS. The Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk and Yacht Club all seem to have lounges that have the food from signatures and good cocktails with more of a bar atmosphere than a sit down restaurant. Which sounds like the perfect vibe for me. Thanks for the tips.

I've never done Trader Sam's before, but have heard great things. This is a must do this trip. I'm also trying to not read too much about it so it can be a surprise. Thanks for the tips.

Definitely go in fresh it makes for a better experience. Also, sit at the Bar if you can... its a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!