Monorail elevators

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
Do any monorail stations have elevators or are you required to go up and down the ramps? The stations in resorts would be able to use their elevators. At the TTC can you transfer from the Epcot line to the MK line without going down and up the ramps.

That's a very good question, from memory I do not believe there are any elevators for immediate access. You could transfer to the Polynesian instead of using the TTC and then use the elevators there to get on the monorail and then do the same on the return?

The TTC and MK Monorail stations do not have elevators. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it’s the Epcot station that has a small elevator going one direction. I personally will not use those ramps. This doesn’t work if you’re driving in, but when I’m staying on-site I will use the Contemporary walkway for access to MK from the Monorail.

The TTC and MK Monorail stations do not have elevators. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it’s the Epcot station that has a small elevator going one direction. I personally will not use those ramps. This doesn’t work if you’re driving in, but when I’m staying on-site I will use the Contemporary walkway for access to MK from the Monorail.

The Epcot station does have an elevator that goes in both directions for people to use.

I agree Staren, it's easier to walk to the Contemporary and use the elevator there than it is for me to push up the hill at the MK station.

I've also been known to ride the ferry over to the TTC then walk from the TTC to the Polynesian.

The Epcot station does have an elevator that goes in both directions for people to use.
You have to go up the first small ramp and at the top there is a gate that has a wheelchair sign on it the elevator is back there )around the corner) you can not see it just walking by but it is there. ( and not hard to find if you are looking for it but can if you are not)

Correct. The Ticket and Transportation Center and MK don’t have elevators and do have very steep ramps.

If you are driving and parking at the Ticket and Transportation Center, you could walk to Polynesian and use the elevator to get to the 2nd floor station. If you are OK going down the ramp, you can get off at MK. Otherwise, get off at Contemporary and use the walkway to get to MK. (Or use the Ferry, which has no ramps).

To get back to TTC, just reverse the process.

To get from MK to Epcot on the monorail, you cross the station without going down.

You have to go up the first small ramp and at the top there is a gate that has a wheelchair sign on it the elevator is back there )around the corner) you can not see it just walking by but it is there. ( and not hard to find if you are looking for it but can if you are not)
It’s kind of a little hallway to your right as you are going up the ramp to get on the monorail at Epcot. It’s on the ‘departing’ side of the track.
I am not aware of an elevator to get down from the station when you arrive at Epcot (unless you get off on the ‘departing’ side of the ramp and use the same elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter