Money transfer Canada to US & Shipping tickets to the hotel

mlm

Earning My Ears
We (4 adults and one child) are in canada and going to DL Dec 28-Jan3. I am getting my friend in the states to buy the SCCP on costco US website (not available on the canadian) for way cheaper (174.99 for adults as opposed to 199.99). I have to transfer $853US for the 5 tickets.

anyone know the best way to send money - fast - to the US? western union is about $100 which is about what I am saving so that's no good. Paypal charges 4.9% so it's about $41 which is ok...but just wondering if you guys know a better or cheaper way to do it?

also, I will get my friend to ship directly from costco to the hotel. What is your experience with that? Is there any way that they would misplace them or something? We are staying at the carousel inn. Sorry for being so naive but this whole traveling thing is new to me!!

HELP!! I got to get these tickets ordered today as time is running out!! Yippee!!!!

Theres also MoneyGram which is just like Western Union. I think they charge the same as Western Union. there is really no way to do it unless you use like money order or check sent next day delievery.

There is also bank transfer... but that requires you to have the same bank...

Maybe your friend could buy the passes on his credit card and you could make a payment on his card, either here or when you get there.

Also are you getting the SC passes because you are going to be there more than 5 days ? I got a 5 day pass for $188cdn at flightcentre dot ca (it wouldn't allow me to put in the URL) no shipping cost. I think there was a 6 day only $10 more.

Or you could just make a deposit into thier bank account, if theirs one near you. My dad did this a while back with my birthday money.

thanks everyone. It's not as easy as just transferring money as it's between US and canada...so I think the best, and cheapest way would be the money order. I figured out that I can ship the tickets to the hotel so that will save time and money - rather than shipping to my friend from costco, then to canada to me.

Blackhawkhobbes - we are getting the SCCP because we want to go to universal and/ or the zoo. I am not too sure about going to DL for 3 days, then to the zoo one day and universal one day with my 1 yr old but that is what my sister wants to do.. I would rather just hang out in DL and take our time through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter