• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Money saver on food

Minnie's Pal

<font color=blue>Wants to float above Castaway Cay
Here is what we ALWAYS do, no matter where we are vacationing. There are coolers for sale at Walmart & SAM'S that have a cooling unit on them (thus making them mini refrig). They are around $60 or $70 and are pretty big too. We pack our with milk, sandwich meat, drinks, etc. When you pay $10 a night, it may be worth buying this type cooler instead. Plus, this comes with an adaptor so you can use it in your car too. And for many more vacations to come.
Second thing we never leave home without, our good ole indoor George Foreman grill. You can make anything on that grill from grilled cheese sandwiches to hotdogs (we even heat BBQ on it too). It helps you stay out of the sandwich burnout mode (throw a little variety into things). We pick and chose when we are eating in WDW (b/c of expense) and don't like to get in our cars to go outside WDW, so this really helps us out.
When we arrive, we just run to the store and stock our cooler/mini refrig, either opt for sandwiches or have a nice little meal and enjoy our vacation. Hope this helps someone else.

DIXIE LANDINGS - 2000
ALL STAR MOVIES - Upcoming Nov

We have a koolatron cooler that we always take with us. It plugs into the car and has an adaptor for the hotel room as well. I agree that it saves us lots of $ and also allows us to have some variety in terms of snacks. I'm diabetic and can only drink diet drinks and I like other diet drinks rather than just the diet coke/pepsi choice that I usually get eating out. Having the cooler means that I can have my other diet beverages too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter