• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MODS: Please tell me what is going on with my beloved DIS?

Originally posted by Dan Murphy
Actually, I don't think the OP asked about email notification, but rather the 'dreaded page unavailable' problem. I too have been having that problem of late, though I have not had AOL for many, many years, do have Comcast cable. When the DIS is not available with the 'The page cannot be displayed' page, other Net sites are fine. Seems to be a localized problem.

Yep, Dan that is it exactly.

The email is definitley a different issue. I am interested in the "page cannot be displayed" error. Anyone know when that one started.
As for the email it's an AOL issue. I have spent HOURS on the phone with them. I have had their techs admit that they are in a jam and they don't know what to do. Their new filtering system is stopping as many good emails as it is spam and is one of the major reasons they are losing customers at a record pace.

The web server software developer found some settings that could explain the "page cannot be displayed error"
Let me know!
If you open a LOT of windows at one time and keep banging the server you are going to get that error...

Just got several a few minutes ago, clicking on threads on the CB, about 5:40 PM CDT.

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. ............

Just once Dan? Like an anomoly.. or have you been seeing these regularly?
Did you have multiple DIS windows going?

Got it a few times today, Alex, then, twice. I always have a few windows open, not many, 3 or 4.

3 or 4 open? Or actually 3 or 4 active? Like actually trying to download from the site at the same time.

No, just open. I might have a lot of posts, but I am not that quick, LOL.

Here is another thing...........

I have been getting this for about a month or so now. I will be going along, then when I click on a thread, a board, a submit, really, any link on disboards, I will get this (just did now so that is why I am adding this)............

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.disboards.com/private.php?

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is support@imagestation.com.
The only way to get out of it is to exit disboards and come back, the nfine. If I click to wdwinfo, it is fine, just diboards. The message is always the same.

Dan,
that last error is most likely a problem with your firewall/router/ISP etc. Google it
and google that last part about imagestation. Do you use them?

I have some pictures hosted on imagestation, a lot for people here on the DIS. I use comcast as ISP, Netgear hadware router/firewall, ZoneAlarm software firewall.

Google what?

Dan,

When you get that message that refers to the cache administrator, does it always indicate Imagestation? Or sometimes other websites?

This is very interesting... a "cache administrator" would indicate a machine upstream from you (like Alex said, at your ISP, firewall, a proxy server or some other upstream server), but I have no idea why Imagestation would show up as the cache admin address.

And I know you're very aggressive in your virus and spyware controls, so that's not likely to be where the problem comes in.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Hi yall.
I just wanted to let you know, that ever since Alex posted about the web programing that may have been causing the trouble, I have not had my problem! (knocks on fake wood :teeth: ) I think it is safe to say that whatever you fixed Alex, it did the job. For me at least, it looks like Dan is still having an on going trouble. Thank you sooooo much! It was getting very frustrating!!!!!!!!

Dan I googled this:
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time

and then this:
Your cache administrator is support@imagestation.com.

The fist one comes up with a LOT of hits but they mostly seem to be linux related.

The last one only came up with one but it seems to be the same problem on a totally different site.

Strange stuff...

Originally posted by WebmasterAlex
The email is definitley a different issue. I am interested in the "page cannot be displayed" error. Anyone know when that one started.
As for the email it's an AOL issue. I have spent HOURS on the phone with them. I have had their techs admit that they are in a jam and they don't know what to do. Their new filtering system is stopping as many good emails as it is spam and is one of the major reasons they are losing customers at a record pace.

Thanx. Sounds like AOL's the problem. Oh, well. Anyway, the other issues sound like they're being worked on. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter