Modesto/Tracy area to DL on Oscar Sunday

TyRy

Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
Hi all,

We are headed down to DL from the Tracy/Modesto area on Oscar Sunday (just realized that.) Any advice on the best way down? Originally we were just going to do 5, but now not sure if that's the best plan with the Oscars going on. Looks like we are inbetween highway 5 or a smaller highway 99. We are headed to the HoJo Anaheim for a couple of nights. We would probably leave Northern California between 8 and 9am. Hoping to get to Anaheim in time to spend the evening in the park before Space Mountain goes down (my first trip to DL.)

Thanks and please move if this should be somewhere else.

Thanks

Ty

You should be fine. It's about 5 miles from I-5 to the Kodak theatre.

The 5 and 99 merge just before the Grapevine, so it doesn't matter which one you choose to start out on. We've found that there is really not much difference in the drive time between the two, maybe 15-20 minutes or so at most.

Last edited:
I live in the same area as you so I can’t comment on what kind of impact the Oscars will have on LA traffic. I guess it makes sense to avoid that area if possible. I always use the Waze App for travel to LA. I highly recommend it. It’s great for Bay Area traffic as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!