Mobility scooters in shops?

diberry

DIS Veteran
We'll be in WDW from 22nd October and I've rented a scooter from Walker. My question is, can I use it in the shops? I love Disney shopping and can walk a little but it would be great if I could take the scooter into the shops. Is this allowed?

Yes you can. I generally park mine outside, especially if it is a small shop.

Those aisles in the shops are pretty narrow. You can go down an aisle and really not have a way back. People will be in that aisle looking at stuff as well, which may mean a long backward trek.

Just be ready for it.

When I recently started using a scooter, I've been very pleasantly surprised that most all shops accommodate scooters quite well.

I can usually park and walk in shops no problem but one trip my knee was so bad I couldn't take many steps without awful pain. What everyone said above is true - the scooters go in but it can be tight. My suggestion is plan to shop at non-peak times - which usually means earlier in the day when stores aren't busy so there's WAY more room to move through the shops. Also the CM's aren't as busy and can help you if you need them to take down stuff out of reach (hanging high up for example).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter