Mobility Issues and the Water Parks

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
I have read the information from Disney about wheelchair use at the water parks but sometimes what seems okay on paper isn't actually the reality--KWIM? And sometimes what sounds complicated is really made quite simple.

Looking for your experiences with the water parks and a wheelchair or ECV. I use my own ECV but it looks like maybe I would need to just use a wheelchair there? I hate having to be pushed around by others :mad:

From the Disney information from Typhoon Lagoon it appears that everything is accessible-- not seeing how, are there elevators?? And if you get to the top in a w/c then what happens when you get to the bottom?

If I take the chairlift up to the top of the Blizzard Beach stuff is there a place to sit and wait or do I have to take the w/c up -- which sounds like a pain since it says "Guests are responsible for making arrangements to return the wheelchair down the Chairlift, and to have the wheelchair awaiting the Guest at the end of the appropriate attraction." ? Plus it says Guest and one companion so that would be difficult since I would need DH as my companion and we can't leave our girls on their own! AND there is a weight limit that I don't think we would be under with the 2 of us and the wc in there.

If you have done the Water Parks I would love to hear your experiences-- the good, the bad and the ugly.

Unfortunately at TL other than Crush "N Gusher, which has an elevator to the load area, to use any of the slides you have to be able to negotiate stairs.

Unfortunately at TL other than Crush "N Gusher, which has an elevator to the load area, to use any of the slides you have to be able to negotiate stairs.

That is what I figured but their accessibility guide doesn't say that at all. The one for Blizzard Beach does say which ones are only available by stairs. They definitely need to work on the guides for these parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter