Moana?

Nope.

She isn’t even in the parks outside of special events like MNSSHP.

I got to meet her at a Disney Shareholder meeting! Too bad she is not on the ships. Girl should definitely be on the ships.

It will be so easy to have her on. The same young lady that plays jasmine,Mulan, and pocahontas could easily do Moana.havent seen Pocahontas for a while but you get the point.

It will be so easy to have her on. The same young lady that plays jasmine,Mulan, and pocahontas could easily do Moana.havent seen Pocahontas for a while but you get the point.

Except Jasmine and Mulan are not typical meets. They are in the shows, yes, but the entertainment crew in the shows are generally speaking NOT the face characters (or the characters at all). They are a different subset of the entertainment crew.

Wonder if they'll have Dumbo on any of the ships/resorts/etc. to help promote the upcoming movie...Mary Poppins, too?

Wonder if they'll have Dumbo on any of the ships/resorts/etc. to help promote the upcoming movie...Mary Poppins, too?

Dumbo is already on the Fantasy! His ear makes the Fantasy a few inches longer than her sister. :D

The same young lady that plays jasmine,Mulan, and pocahontas could easily do Moana.

Disney casting policy doesn't have them overlap these, for much the same reason that they very consciously cast all the major voices in Moana (save Hei Hei) as persons of Polynesian extraction.

When they cast the ethnic face characters, they don't have them cross over for additional faces, only fur, as I understand it. They also won't use makeup to make someone "browner."

Disney casting policy doesn't have them overlap these, for much the same reason that they very consciously cast all the major voices in Moana (save Hei Hei) as persons of Polynesian extraction.

When they cast the ethnic face characters, they don't have them cross over for additional faces, only fur, as I understand it. They also won't use makeup to make someone "browner."

I seen the same young beautiful lady play jasmine,mulan and pochohontas on at least a couple cruises

I seen the same young beautiful lady play jasmine,mulan and pochohontas on at least a couple cruises

Was that as a meet and greet character or in the stage shows? Due to the limited number of people available for the stage shows, they do seem to be more flexible with the character "look".

I was kind of hoping when the Golden Mickey’s on the Dream went a way for a while they were changing the hero’s montage to add Moana

Disney on Ice had the same person as Rapunzel and Moana! (and, I almost walked out because of it - I know plenty people of color who can skate well and would love a job with Disney on Ice, which, yes, I know is Feld Entertainment, but I'm SURE Disney has some input into character look). Anyway, I think they are much more flexible with the shows/entertainment that require dancing/singing/skating.

I would be annoyed if they had someone doubling any of the non-white characters of different ethnicities for photos. It's offensive to put someone in yellowface or brownface for historic reasons, and Disney is wise to avoid it.

But, also, I do wish they had Moana on the ships at least some of the time! The ocean is her friend, after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter