Moana rumored to be replacing tiki room

If they want to breath life into these classics, they ought to start by doing the following:

1.) Create an Instagram-able wall right near the attractions, and themed to each attraction
2.) Create special Minnie ears themed to each attraction
3.) Create the most colorful, sugar-laden treats imaginable, themed to each attraction
4.) Create limited edition merchandise----themed to each attraction
5.) After completing steps 1-4 for all of the classic attractions, consider hosting a special evening event called "Celebrating the Classics", featuring all of the classic attractions, and the new merchandise & treats, plus some seldom seen classic characters.

I mean, hey, those things seem to excite people endlessly every other time they do them, so why not give it a shot? 😄 😉 😁
Tiki room has a ton of merch including spirit jerseys

Let’s just remove all the classic at this point. Space mountain now Wall-e, big thunder themed to Indiana Jones, haunted mansion year round nightmare before Christmas.

They should be more worried about updating and keeping classic fresh than completely replacing.

Chapek is just so focused on merchandising. Which I get....they're a business. But it's a little ridiculous to celebrate the 50th by re-skinning classics with IP. Tiki and animatronics were so important to Walt.

Yes . but isn't that crowded from the SIGNIFICANTLY slow loading and thus low capacity? I mean, the bumper cars at any amusement park can have large crowds throughout the day, but that is only because it handles like 20-30 people every 10 minutes. That doesn't mean its popular.
Say whatever you want about the speedway, or even the birds, but don't go bashing my bumper cars!

first of all, I would not take this as Tiki room is safe from change. I take it as Birds are safe, but there could still be a Moana movement - Your Welcome!
Second - No mention of CBJ rumor - that to me is telling
Third - the fact they vehemently denied this tells me they are Major League Ticked at his source and Corless and there was some significant truth to all of this.

Again, these are my opinions, but some insiders I trust still say some Moana...ing can still happen.

We have a very similar train of thought here. I 100% agree with everything you’ve said.

<ton foil hat>

1) This could be an elaborate plot to discredit the source by purposely feeding them a sensational headline that would be spread like crazy, then very publicly deny it and even through the "unscrupulous" tag.

2) Could be an attempt to find a mole, feeding different people different stories and seeing which one gets out. This could explain why some other insiders said it was true as well

3) Likely someone likes posting every whiff of a rumor they hear, regardless of it's credibility. I remember before D23 a couple years ago there were tons of rumors that never happened, many deemed high quality.

What I don't get about all these rumors is that there is plenty of room for a Moana meet and greet around the parks. These aren't big technological breakthroughs like SWGE. They just need 4 walls and some paint. People waited hours for meet Anna and Elsa. They would probably do the same for Moana. I don't see why they can't keep both sides happy.There is also plenty of room for a Toy Story puppet show. Even though, as a general rule, I am against IP in the park, the new Lightening McQueen attraction didn't take anything away from HS. It can be done. However, sticking Jack Sparrow in a barrel isn't going to bring in huge crowds. Oh, and since I'm in a 'get off my lawn' type of mood, I might as well add that UP completely ruined the bird show in AK. :)

Rumor is just that. Rumor and Speculation. Seems some people like the idea of getting "noticed" online for whatever reason. There is a very good reason some "rumors" you never hear about and then all of the sudden happen. Because some people know hat to post and what not to post. There are more insiders who do know things but are smart enough not to post them. Others just want attention and thus end up either looking foolish when it is debunked or doesnt happen or lose their "source" because they post things publicly they shouldnt.

Oh, and since I'm in a 'get off my lawn' type of mood, I might as well add that UP completely ruined the bird show in AK. :)
I’m in the camp that I didn’t like it before and don’t like it now either. Equally terrible experience for me. Ymmv.

Yeah...BUT there's also no reason to assume there is a hidden meaning either. Sure, it wasn't a flat-out denial of any changes, but it also doesn't really indicate anything either. I don't think anyone necessarily needs to read between the lines. All will be revealed at D23 most likely.
Have to disagree here. First I don't think you will get one word on Tiki, and maybe not on CBJ now in this D23. Too much smoke to be able to announce any changes now, especially since Disney rebutted against one rumor.
I also think you do have to read between the lines. I have no idea why DPB decided to so vehemently deny this, one interesting thing brought up, Corless originally said "overlay" on his report, and then it was switched to "replace"...... I almost wonder...if Tom's source......... yeah you get it...

Either way, it isn't just Tom reporting Moana to Tiki in some manner - it was reported 2 years or so ago by both Martin and Spirit at WDWMagic.com, and Martin earlier today said he still would not be surprised of some changes to both Tiki and CBJ .

Released by Disney:

'A little birdie told us there are some rumors flying around about our beloved Tiki birds at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources. While “toucan” play at that game, we deal in facts here at the Disney Parks Blog. Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon. We’re constantly evolving our stories, but these birds will continue entertaining our guests at the Magic Kingdom Park just as they have done since 1971.'

While I am not the biggest fan, I do enjoy it on occasion. Being one of only 2 attractions with Walt's name on it, I could not see it going away.

If memory serves, at D23 there were no announcements that TGMR or Ellen's would be closing. Those announcements came almost immediately afterwards. And then, I believe there was only a 30-day notice for the closure(s).

So, I'm not necessarily looking at D23 to reveal impending closures.

Released by Disney:

'A little birdie told us there are some rumors flying around about our beloved Tiki birds at Walt Disney World Resort. We’re sorry that our fans are being fed incorrect information by unscrupulous sources. While “toucan” play at that game, we deal in facts here at the Disney Parks Blog. Although we won’t address every rumor, we want to set the record straight: there are no plans for our feathered friends to fly the coop any time soon. We’re constantly evolving our stories, but these birds will continue entertaining our guests at the Magic Kingdom Park just as they have done since 1971.'

While I am not the biggest fan, I do enjoy it on occasion. Being one of only 2 attractions with Walt's name on it, I could not see it going away.
Might want to read this whole thread, some are not convinced Tiki Birds will stay as is, and I am one of them.

Might want to read this whole thread, some are not convinced Tiki Birds will stay as is, and I am one of them.

I am with you. Disney never said the attraction wasn't changing, they only said the birds aren't flying the coop. Tiki Room merchandise is a big seller, doesn't make sense to close the attraction but in all honesty how many kids are running to see the Tiki Room? I would think most are going on it because its nostalgic for their parents or its the first time the family has been to WDW. Slap a name like Moana on the attraction the kids know and they will want to experience it.

I hate to say it but Country Bears and Tiki Room popularity is due to our childhood memories. I know I wish Horizons was still around, or that The Seas was still in it's original version, and Imagination - I am not touching that one HA HA HA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter