Moana presence

Erikbo16

Earning My Ears
I'm visiting in July with my two daughters. One loves toy story while the others favourite film is Moana. While my first daughter is sorted for toy story related attractions, there doesn't appear to be much of a Moana presence in the parks. Could you please tell me if I'm missing something or is that really the case?

Unfortunately, there really isn’t much Moana in the parks. No attractions or meet and greets. The Polynesian has a store called “Moana Mercantile,” but it’s not named after her and is not a Moana store. You can find Moana merchandise at several locations, but that’s about it. She is in the Happily Ever After fireworks show at Magic Kingdom- she appears as a projection on the castle briefly during a sequence with the song “How Far I’ll Go.”

We went to fantasmic twice our trip. Once she was at the front center of the boat at the end that has all the characters and once she wasn’t there so I would say you have a chance of seeing her in that show.

I don't know if Aloha Island is still serving the HEI HEI cone, but it's worth looking for (Adventureland, MK)

Attachments

• IMG_3432.JPG
    IMG_3432.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 4

She is. She is also harder to cast than the “classic” princesses, which is probably the reason she is not full-time but only at MNSSHP (possibly MVMCP but I am only guessing there).
I don’t know if that is even the case. I know someone who has been a “friend of Jasmine” for years and she would give anything to be friends with Moana and has tried out multiple times. Moana is also a roaming character in Disneyland and even has a whole show in Hong Kong. Maybe WDW realized that she has such a draw during the parties, without a permanent meeting spot it would be too crazy during normal park operations?

Maybe WDW realized that she has such a draw during the parties, without a permanent meeting spot it would be too crazy during normal park operations?
Moana needs a meet building where guests in line don’t see the “changeover” when Moana leaves for a break and then magically reappears within seconds.

That’s what makes Moana harder to cast as @Dug720 stated. There’s huge differences if Jasmine’s “friend” who isn’t Polynesian appears after Moana’s friend who is Polynesian, Asian, or Hispanic.

I adore Moana and waited in line 2 hours before MNSSHP for a brief meet and greet in the Enchanted Tiki Room. With all due respect, I don’t think Moana is that difficult a role to fill. I’ve seen vastly looking Jasmine’s come out, some who look NOTHING like the character. But the makeup, wigs and costume are what mostly bring the look together. I didn’t think Moana from my M&G looked very Polynesian, but she was fantastic and made the interaction memorable. I wish WDW would feature her more prominently.

She is. She is also harder to cast than the “classic” princesses, which is probably the reason she is not full-time but only at MNSSHP (possibly MVMCP but I am only guessing there).

She is indeed at MVMCP - we met her there in November

We saw Moana meeting outside Ohana during dinner just over a week ago.
Really? I’ve also not heard any reports of this before, that would be very exciting but hopefully with a set schedule and not just random occurrences

Anyone know if Moana is coming back at all for a meet and greet?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I adore Moana and waited in line 2 hours before MNSSHP for a brief meet and greet in the Enchanted Tiki Room. With all due respect, I don’t think Moana is that difficult a role to fill. I’ve seen vastly looking Jasmine’s come out, some who look NOTHING like the character. But the makeup, wigs and costume are what mostly bring the look together. I didn’t think Moana from my M&G looked very Polynesian, but she was fantastic and made the interaction memorable. I wish WDW would feature her more prominently.
View attachment 411082

We know someone who was a "friend" of Snow White. She's Hispanic (and looks it) yet was cast as Snow White's "friend". It's amazing the magic of make-up and costuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!